Warning: New Airline Baggage Fees

Dancin'Debby

I suggest each of you flying in check personally with your airline's website.

It may turn out to be cheaper to simply UPS some of your belongings to us. If you in fact need to do this, address for UPS purposes is:

Reaper Miniatures

Attention :YOUR OWN NAME, REAPERCON

9062 Teasley Ln

Denton TX 76210

Just remember to put airholes in the box if you're bringing a friend :lol:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Chris. I didn't even come across that

ha ha

Antlers Antlers or horns :rock::blink: :blink:

must be free of residue; points must be covered and protected. Cost:USD 75.00 Checked: Yes; May not exceed 109 linear inches

I just called American to qualify. Turns out if you booked your ticket before May 12th, you can still have two bags.

That's good to know. Did they happen to direct you to documentation of this?

I'd like a print out just in case.

Yeah, Erin, what Qwyk said...can you post a link?

This would be my luck. Get there on the flight home with 2 bags each and tell them "but I purchased my ticket on March 1st and a representative from your airlines told me on the phone that the new rule only applies to tickets purchased after May 12th"...Baggage checker inner "I'm sorry ma'am, you were misinformed, that'll be $50" ($25 for my "extra" bag and $25 for Mengu's "extra") :rolleyes:

I usually ship back from ReaperCon, BUT most of the time I travel by air, I pack an extra duffel. I really don't like carting around 2 carryons when I have to make tight connections in really busy airports.

debby

*who's hoping the AA MD-80 fiasco is over since both her flights are on MD-80's

Hey does anyone know if there will be Dullcoat available for purchase in the Asylum if TSA finds mine in my checked baggage and takes it?

Beyond confiscation, I'd be worried about it blowing up or leaking inside my bag. I've had a non-pressurized bottle of threadlock in my tool bag leak before. I usually buy any of the chemicals like thread-lock or super-glue that I need when I get to my location (of course, I can bill them to my customer, too), but sometimes I accidently bring them back home. It's a mess you don't want to clean up...

I guess I've been lucky so far... I've brought it on flights before and just hid it in my shoe and never had any problems. *shrug* Does give me food for thought though. I just hope I can find some down there. I'm familiar with Super Wal Marts and don't seriously expect that they will have Dullcoat. Seems like more of a specialty item. Now maybe if I can find a Hobby Lobby down there... :rock:

Now maybe if I can find a Hobby Lobby down there... :rock:

There are both a Hobby Lobby and a Micheals in the area of the Golden Triangle Mall in Denton (or there was last year). My wife and I stayed at a Quality Inn near there, and I distinctly remember seeing both. That's about 2-3 miles straight north of Reaper.

Where that is in relation to the BW, I have no idea.

There's a super walmart on your left coming from the Bestwestern to Reaper HQ. You should be able to pick some up there in a pinch.

Walmart has stopped carrying all modeling products, which includes model supplies like paints, glues, etc.

I recall the Asylum had Testors primer for sale, last year. I'm not sure if that was just primer or both.

Yah the Hobby Lobby sign you can see it off the freeway, I know that much. I wanted to go to it, as I've never been to one & was just curious what they all carried.

RM

Yah the Hobby Lobby sign you can see it off the freeway, I know that much. I wanted to go to it, as I've never been to one & was just curious what they all carried.

Very similar to a Michael's, but generally 50-100% (or more) larger. Has a fabric section.

Has a model trains section in addition to plastic models. The art section doesn't seem as good, but generally has what I want. The prices tend to be a bit cheaper (but not by much).

Hobby Lobby isn't open on Sundays because the owner/founder is a bit on the fundamentalist side; my wife has a coworker who won't shop there as a result.

Ron

• Artists

The one that opened here has a bit more 'hobby' than Joanne's or Michael's, there's a row or two of model trains and other model type stuff. The art section isn't as large as the others. I've found dried flowers small enough to be useful there a few times. It has more home decor stuff than the others.

[quote name='vutpakdi' date='May 8 2008, 03:02 PM' post='473312'

Hobby Lobby isn't open on Sundays because the owner/founder is a bit on the fundamentalist side; my wife has a coworker who won't shop there as a result.

Sounds like a Furniture store here or in Boise, it's owned by or ran out of Utah, so Sundays they are closed, those every Saturday it seems like they have free food & cola, ha ha (mostly hot dogs).

With hobby lobby I always see or hear about 40% off coupons & such, but like I said more curiosity then anything. I've got a mom & pop hobby store that does me pretty good when it comes to models, supplies & such, just no gaming or pewtah stuff, that I get online or if I'm in Boise over at H-town or All about Games!.

RM