Sign in to follow this  
Ironworker

Thoughts on the first 8 releases.

Well I'm really excited about all the new releases for Chronoscope. I'm planning on purchasing them all and some of them I'm goign to get extras of. A lot of them have some great conversion potential and multi-genre use.

First up is 50001 Sasha Dubois, Time chaser. Well this is clearly the mascot figure for the Chronoscope line. I really like this figure. The sculpt is great and I really like the face in particular. I'm almost certainly going to buy at least 3 of this figure.

One i'm going to paint up as is because I can used a time traveler like this is some of my pulp adventures.

I'm going to get another one to convert and paint up as an important character in my Space Pirate army. I may convert her lightly with a weapon in place of the clock and I'll likely remove the keys from her belt. Other than that she has a good look for a space pirate.

I'm also going to convert one as a pulp adventurer. I'll have to re-work her boots into something more period apropriat. I could simply shave off the futuristic bits and turn them into plain riding boots or I could add some lacing with green stuff. I'm also going to remove her pistol and holster and the belt and tools all together and replace them with a regular belt. I'm also going to flair out her pants a bit with her putty. I'm going to replace her top with more of a shirt that covers her mid rift but i'm going to keep it low cut. Her jacket might get re-worked into a WWI style aviators jacket and if I did that I'd add scarf and a flight helmet with gogles to her head. Of course I'll also be placing a broom handle mauser in her left hand instead of the clock.

Next up is 50002 Boris Barayev, FiveSuns Smuggler. I'll probably pick up two or three of him. Ok this guy is definately going into my space pirates army as an important leader type. I going to convert one into a Zabrack for Star Wars by sculpting horns on his head. I may also head swap this figure with a head from a Dark Heaven half orc and some SMGs instead of lasers to use him for shadowrun.

Next is a very cool figure. 50003 Ellen Stone, Cowgirl. I can see myself getting at least 3 of her.

Sure she looks like a Wild West figure but that's actually the genre she's least suited for. I am going to get one and give her a shirt for both Wild West and Pulp games.

As is she would make a good modern character as an undercover cop posing as a stripper or a biker chick. For that type of character I'd replace her double barreled shotgun with a pump action shotgun. Of course I'd paint her pistols up all chrome with pearl handles.

She would also make a great figure for the Serenity RPG which I sometimes run. For that setting I'd switch her shotgun with a high tech looking assault rifle but leave her revolvers as is.

Number 50004 NOVA Corporate Security Guard is pretty cool and useful for almost any near future or Sci-fi setting. I'm getting four of this guy to make a squad and painting them up in all black uniforms.

50005 NOVA Corporate Security Sergent is probably the only Chronoscope figure I'm just getting one of for now. Although I may get two and do a head swap with the cigar smoking head from 50008 Jack "Dodge" Harrison.

I'm gettin 2 of 50006 Colonel Edward Titchener, British Colonial . One I'm going to use in my pulp games as an aging colonial officer. For the Other I'm going to do a head swap using the peaked cap wearing head version from 50008 Jack "Dodge" Harrison and I'm going to switch out his sword with the machete from the same miniature to get a younger looking officer type for pulp games.

Another versital figure is Veronica Blaze, Agent of G.U.A.R.D. I'm getting 3 of her.

One will be stock painted up to match the NOVA security team. I'll be adding some elfish ears to one for the Shadowrun Setting. Another will be converted into a Twi'lek for Star Wars by swapping her guns with blasters and grinding off her hair and replacing it with leku. A figure like this is a really good choice for a Twi'lek because even though she has long hair it doesn't cover her back or her face.

The multi piece 50008 Jack 'Dodge' Harrison, Adventuring Hero looks like the most versitle one of the batch. I'll be getting 4.

Obviously the first combination will be a "Not Indy" with the fedora head with whip and pistol arms. I'll also be making a tramp steamer captain by using the peak cap head with the machete and revolver arms although I'll add a beard to the face. For the cigar smoking head I'll be using the two gun arm option. The fourth one I'm going to convert up with probably a a head and gear from a different manufacturer.

That's 22 different characters from just 8 sculpts. What are your plans for these sculpts?

First up for me are the NOVA guys to turn into Adeptus Arbites for 40k and Necromunda - 5 total. I'll probably get another 5 to paint up as Imperial Marines for Traveller. Or I may just paint them up generically to use for both. Either way, I know I'm buying as many of those that I can, so as to encourage more NOVA figures in the line.

I'll probably get Sasha just cause I like the way she looks. I may get Boris to use in a Necromunda gang. The others I'll be waiting to see if I have needs for them.

Boris has some serious potential and I will get at least three myself. I will use him for my Traveller game, so I need a more Star Wars look than “Warriors of the Wasteland” one. First off, I will add a Shirt or t-shirt to the torso. Trim off the shoulder plates and go for a Corellian waist jacket or padded look, kind of like Dash Render. Add one holster and one shoulder holster, trim off the plates on the boots. For me the hard one will be the metal codpiece, Ouch, need to remove that, that’s the one thing I have never done before in green stuff, but I think I can do it. Keep one bald, one hair, and a head swap on another, wait maybe I need more, LOL what fun.

Sash is great, as is, for a Navigator in I.C.E.'s Shadow World, it’s a esoteric fantasy game setting but one I really like. Its grounded in high fantasy, with a touch of magical Steampunk. For Traveller she might make a good spoiled noble, and I might remove the piping form the coat, her exposed stomach will cause some, grief form my female players, but they will get over it, I might add some clothes or even body armor, I’ll have to see the fig. I might straighten out the arm and add a pistol instead of the watch.

Wait forgot multi piece Jack, yea I will need a few of him, lots of great parts, love multi piece miniatures, DO MORE, lol

Sasha is going to be my #1 contest peice for the next can I've got time to finish her.

The NOVA guard and sargent, Let's just say there might be a con event they'll be attacheed to.

And the "not Indy" and a few of the other "pulp" looking characters, Well besides the joy of painting them, Maybe Castlebuilder and I can come up with a Call of Chlulu(sp) dungon crawl.

And the "not Indy" and a few of the other "pulp" looking characters, Well besides the joy of painting them, Maybe Castlebuilder and I can come up with a Call of Chlulu(sp) dungon crawl.

A dungeon crawl with guns......... Now that does sound interesting...... But not until after Origins........

Castlebuilder

VOR is being re-released with a whole butt load of custom force generation rules...so I am building a new mercenary unit comprised entirely of Chronoscope minis! Rock on!

Sasha will be joining my regular game box as the base commander in my TimeMaster game (anyone still remember that far back?)

Yep, but it was always second in my mind to Chill (the best of Pacesetter's RPGs). I liked it better than StarAce, though.

One of each for now. Still waiting for the FLGS delivery.

Sascha gets a big scenic base and a nice paintjob, the rest of the characters go into my Firefly/Alpha Forge Salvage crew. Nova guards have 101 useful uses, may go back for more of them!

I think the Colniel will be too big to mix with my 40k praetorians, scale creep hasn't been kind to them, the current gaurd models make them look like hobbits. Might put him standing over a dead martian ::):

Sasha Dubois, Time chaser: 2 total atm, 1 stock for a placeholder mini in our Victaoriana SteamPunk D&D 3.5 game until Rosie comes out in August, 1 for Serenity-ify-ing

Boris Barayev: only getting 1

Ellen Stone, Cowgirl: 2, 1 for American in England for D&D mentioned above, 1 for either Serenity-ify-ing or for a brilliant idea I have yet to have

NOVA Corporate Security Guard: Purple Bellyx1

NOVA Corporate Security Sergent: Purple Bellyx1

Colonel Edward Titchener, British Colonial: 2, 1 for stock coolness, 1 for D&D

Veronica Blaze, Agent of G.U.A.R.D: 1, Shadowrun chicky

Jack 'Dodge' Harrison, Adventuring Hero:2 for now, 1 "Not Indy", 1 Mr. Pulp Hero

thats just from my starter order. I know a friend will be wanting several NOVA dudes for Shadowrun, and the Colonel will be popular with my guy friends. I'm pretty sure Beth will want a Sasha... and people have mentioned other things to do with them that I hadn't thought of myself and need to make...