Sign in to follow this  
merlonc

Sci-Fi skirmish game

So what good tabletop tabletop miniature game rules would make a good basis for a game using figures like the chronoscope line? Most sci-fi miniature games are military based with large armies and faction/empires. I am thinking a setting that uses small groups/companies vying with each other across the cosmos/timescape so the different models can have more character. It would be great if there were something using the Rage or a similiar simple system.

Until Aicom is released, try Savage Worlds or Defiance: Vital Ground. Or stir up some R.A.G.E. goodness yourself, I'm sure plenty of people around here would be glad to help.

Having had the chance to aggressively kick the tires on Reich of the Dead over the weekend at ReaperCon, I have little doubt that it won'twill translate over well to a Sci Fi version once it's available.

[EDIT] Corrected for stupidity [/EDIT]

Edited by Qwyksilver

Having had the chance to aggressively kick the tires on Reich of the Dead over the weekend at ReaperCon, I have little doubt that it won't translate over well to a Sci Fi version once it's available.

"won't" translate well?

Aww crap.

It will transfer over well!!!

Thanks Chris ::P:

That's what I get for posting when I still haven't caught up on my sleep from the Con.

Boy I ain't 20 anymore. Heck, I'm not even 30 anymore ::):

The RAGE based sci-fi game you want is already 90% written. It's all there in the CAV rules and the Warlord rules. Just pick and choose what you want to use rules-wise, add a little here and there and Viola! Done. ::):

The RAGE based sci-fi game you want is already 90% written. It's all there in the CAV rules and the Warlord rules. Just pick and choose what you want to use rules-wise, add a little here and there and Viola! Done. ::):

Well, that depends, if you want points for your models you either gotta cajole that magic formula from somebody at Reaper HQ or come up with your own, which I'm learning isn't as easy as it sounds.

Well, that depends, if you want points for your models you either gotta cajole that magic formula from somebody at Reaper HQ or come up with your own, which I'm learning isn't as easy as it sounds.

I DID say 90% :lol:

Yeah, the points thing is kinda tough but if you start with a base value on a "grunt" model and arbitrarily assign points to other models, up or down, and then playtest, playtest, playtest..you can eventually get in the ballpark of whats reasonable.