Sign in to follow this  
demonelf3

Vallejo plastic putty

I've used it, but I don't particularly like it for filling gaps. It's too difficult to sculpt it.

I do use it quite a bit for filling in the slots in bases.

The problem with using it to fill gaps is that it's too liquid to really be able to make it into a form, say a muscle or a scale. Greenstuff beats it for that purpose.

However, when it dries, it can be cut. It seems to be brittle, and not useful for carving

Again, I like it for filling gaps in my bases. Easier to use than breaking out the epoxy putty.

-Doug

If you want a good alternative to GS then I'd say go with Pro Create. I like that you can change it's properties to accommodate to a particular situation. And it's a bit less tacky than GS, but still holds to the model really well.

I like Testor's Contour Putty. It comes in a grey tube like their model glue comes in and when it comes into contact with super glue it sets up rock hard.

The best use for plastic putty was the one I saw Jeremie demo at ReaperCon (when he was trying to convince me to produce an equivalent for Master Series!). Essentially, if you have something like a cloak or large smooth surface which is heat-pitted or otherwise rough, you can take a bit of plastic putty and smooth it over the area with your finger, rub off the excess when it has set, and voila! Instant smooth surface. ::): It fills in things like pits and fine cracks beautifully.

--Anne, back from the dea--err, ReaperCon, finally.