Sign in to follow this  
paintminion

"So, what did you do to be healthier today..."?

Had breakfast of oatmeal and a smiley face of raspberries and blueberries (my daughter already ate most ofthe raspberries with her french toast this morning), instead of oatmeal with butter, milk and brown sugar.

...for those of you who ate breakfast with me at ReaperCon, you know the smile is important. ;-) (sheesh, I had no idea I was going to make a habit out of it...)

Sue, I started a new thread for today. It will keep things from getting way too cluttered if we don't separate out the days.

I wasn't privy to having breakfast with you but I can imagine the smiley face.

I bought Oranges and Bananas yesterday. I also bought Pistachio's, but cheated and got Trail Mix with M&Ms...

I walked the dog, but he cut the walk short. He's getting old.

I saw it, but I much prefer the single thread for whenever someone can post. No pressure. Some will post daily, some will post off and on, but the thread we do in the CoC forum that was my inspiration for this is our touchpoint for where people are at in their projects and a reminder that people are waiting to find out where you're at and how you're doing. I think it would work just fine for this as long as people remember to post snippets and not get too far off topic. The thread then becomes where people go for their daily dose of "owning up" to the truth about what they are doing. If I have to constantly search for a new thread on a daily basis, it would be less spontaneous, harder to find, and as we're all over the world, harder to start new days for some folks as they'll be looking for a thread that hasn't started yet. I'm into easy. Cluttered it's not...just a runnning dialog with ourselves, not an informational dump...that's for other threads. Easy enough for someone to post back...hey, that sounds cool, can you post a thread on that recipe/method/link/ etc. It's like a check in with your diet parole officers...the rest of us. ;-)

Tai Chi in the morning!

Smoothie for breakfast.. coworker took me to Carino's for lunch; had the Jalepeno Tilapia... mmmmm (okay, so I cheated on lunch)

Snacks:

9:00am - almonds and raisins

10:00am - homemade spicy chicken wrap

4:00pm - other wrap

12 hours at work... and I will be for a while yet...

Yea! Yesterday was final weigh-in for "The Biggest Loser" at work. I came 2nd. That's down 4.5 lbs in about 6 weeks.

We talked about it and having a group of us thinking about this collectively at work has helped keep the "grab and go" stuff more out of sight in the office, which has collectively helped everyone.

I've started writing down what I eat in a small notebook so I can see how much and what I have been eating. With luck I can keep it up.

We added extra veggies to the pasta salad yesterday...zuchini, yellow and red peppers, besides the celery, cucumber, grape tomatoes, and carrots. And I made the pasta salad a bit lighter. Miracle Whip Light (cut down on amount as well), added more dill and went with mirin to add the extra punch. My family devoured it, just like they always do! So the goal of fitting in more and more varied veggies is continuing! Also cutting my fruit juices with more water in the mix.

Totally failed to resist the cookies today at my daughter's concert. I did only have ONE, though!

Small moves...but they can add up.

Woke up, did 100 crunches and went for a 20 minute bike ride. It would've been a longer ride but since most of the area around me is steep hills, my knees decided they hated me so I cut it short.

When I got home, I rearranged my game room and rearranged my comic books so that I can get at them a little easier (10 or so short boxes, jam-packed and two copier paper boxes). Assembled the bookcases I got from a friend and loaded them up with books. Basically dropped into nesting mode again and did some serious cleaning and organizing around my apartment.

I ran the Sunburst marathon this morning. I'm tired, sore, and sunburnt, but theoretically, a smidge healthier, once I heal up from the ordeal.

I'm kind of dissapointed with it. Is there a way to string together a routine, or do you have to back to the main screen each time and pick a new excersie?

But it did confirm: I'm a fatty.

No, you have to select each exercise as you go. I don't find it to be too annoying, as the menus themselves are pretty easy to navigate. I do wish there was more of a multiplayer mode than just the 2 person run, but I have fun playing tennis with my husband and we're pretty active during it, so it's pretty good exercise in itself.

My hope is to do 30 to 45 minutes on it every morning as a start to my day, but that'll have to wait until my friend with her two year old visiting leaves, as the kid wakes up way earlier than me and has first dibs on our only TV. :) My husband sticks mostly to the balance games and the hula game, but I'm having fun with the yoga, str training, and all the aerobics (but mostly the stepper).

/ali

Took my daughter and friend to the park. They got to play and I got to walk through the woods and around the lake. No chips in the house anymore. Fruit! But dang those green grapes are so sour my daughter loves them. Me I think they taste horrible. Back to sweeter red grapes for me! Good in my yogurt.

I did eat popcorn, with butter, at the Prince Caspian movie. And a soda. Then spent an hour planting all the flowers we bought today in our containers on the balcony. Tired me out!

Let's see, not really a daily accomplishment thing, more of an overall plan.

I haven't had any alcohol in about a week, except for one glass of white wine last night with dinner. And that consisted of salad and steamed mussels. That was a pretty good thing I think. I even turned down FREE beer when I went to my buddy Tommy's house last night to check out his brother's new guitar. (Gibson SG. Very sweet.)

I have had no sodas in the about the same amount of time, maybe a little longer.

Pretty much stayed away from sweets. Funny thing yesterday, we went to my mom's house for a bit, and her house is always the munchie house. Lots of goodies. I had two oatmeal cream pies while we were there, and not long after that started getting a slight headache. I remember back a couple of years ago when I as dieting and lost a lot of weight, I ate a bowl of ice cream after not having had any sweets for over a month. I felt like crap after that, too.

Funny.

Sugar will do that- especially when you get used to not eating it.

Made my own burritos with rice, corn and beans (trying to work in more vegetarian meals) and with a tradition from my hubby's family, we serve cottage cheese with them, not sour cream. Pinneapple salsa over the top and it was heaven! Seriously, his family uses it for their homade tacos and stuff all the time. I've come to prefer it as it's not as heavy as sour cream.

Also, made the change finally to 3 lb weights for my arms. Gotta build those dragon painting muscles!