Sign in to follow this  
Sangreal

Sandra garrity...Tiamat unreleased sculpt?

I read that there was a tiamat style dragon project that was shelved and no box dragons will be released any longer. Is there a possible way to make limited runs of large dragons by way of prepaid preorders and 10% holdback or whatever if enough orders do not come through to justify the process. I myself as a collector would prepay and gamble a precentage to try and secure a special piece. Why not create a niche that focuses on the buyer's stepping up to the plate. What kind of numbers would make this feasible? I am sure there has to be a decent amount of collectors who would pay for such a premium service.

Jodee

I'm sure an official Reaper peep will step in with more info but the original sculpt was not molded. The green was converted into Diabolus. So there isn't a mold sitting on the rack that can be used to cast what you're asking for.

Heck, I was looking forward to that thing as soon as they said it was going to be coming out Soon. It was the only large dragon I would ever paint. But alas, it was not to be.

Is there a possible way...

Sorry, this is a dead mini. We went and did the Reptus Hydra instead.

I wondered about that when I saw a 5-headed hydra.

Any chance of getting a "hydra heads" pack, with the different heads? Or maybe in the boneyard?

A couple years ago I could swear that I read on here that a sculpter (I'm almost certain it was Julie Guthrey) was working on a multi-headed Tiamat-like dragon. Anyone know whatever happened to that? wacko.gif

Is there a possible way...

Sorry, this is a dead mini. We went and did the Reptus Hydra instead.

I wondered about that when I saw a 5-headed hydra.

Any chance of getting a "hydra heads" pack, with the different heads? Or maybe in the boneyard?

Arise! Arise, my undead thread! :zombie:

Reaper, could you please do the above (the chromatic heads pack thing), could yah, huh? Please, could ya?! I'll pay you...

I just checked the online store and most of the heads ARE available separately! All but Deathsleet. So close yet so far...I still vote for a heads pack!

Looking more closely at the boneyard pieces, it looks like the heads are all sans lower jaw, which I assume is part of the neck/body... :down:

Drats! Foiled again!

Thanks! That is indeed the item I was speaking of, though I don't think that is the original thread that I was thinking of.

That is terrible news, btw. Bummer. ik_down.gif

Nice avatar, btw, Serenity.

In that other thread someone had the idea of a 'chromatic heads' pack. I second the notion. I looked at the boneyard, and all the heads are available separately except Deathsleet, but none of them have the lower jaw (molded with the neck/body, I guess). I beg Reaper to do some in-house mods and make the chromatic heads pack available!

A couple years ago I could swear that I read on here that a sculpter (I'm almost certain it was Julie Guthrey) was working on a multi-headed Tiamat-like dragon. Anyone know whatever happened to that? wacko.gif

Sandra Garrity did this...

14445.jpg

Warlord's Hydra, part number 14445 released May of 2008.

She also did this...

10019.jpg

Which was supposed to be a multi-headed dragon, but alas, it didn't release that way.

Diabolus was supposed to be released with all of the same heads and then we were going to do a 4 pack of heads to swap out and make them different heads if you wanted to. Didn't quite make it though.