Dryad, Capricorn, Phoenix & Oriental Garden

Valloa

These were my ReaperCon entries. No winners but they were fun to paint and didn't look too bad in the case. :)

Warlord Dryad linked for nudity

Dark Heaven Capricorn linked for nudity.

Dark Heaven Large:

PhoenixPAN.jpg

Oriental Garden with two Legend of the Five Rings Figures. I had fun doing all the little Koi and adding a few things like dappling on the turtles:

DIOONE.jpg

DIOTHREE.jpg

DIOFIVE.jpg

Maya~

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice... I like them all.

Suggestions, work a bit more on the flesh tones. There don't seem to be enough shadows and range on the skin (IMHO).

The phoenix is great, I like the range of colors and direction of the fire. Excellent job.

Wonderful dock and the turtle is amazing.

very nice... I like them all.

Suggestions, work a bit more on the flesh tones. There don't seem to be enough shadows and range on the skin (IMHO).

The phoenix is great, I like the range of colors and direction of the fire. Excellent job.

Wonderful dock and the turtle is amazing.

Darker shadows on skin is a problem area I need to work on, I do never seem to go dark enough so I've planned to do lots of skin practice for my next group of minis.

The Phoenix was fun and I might paint up another one sometime with a different base.

Glad you like the dock, it was the most fun part of the base to construct.

Maya~

I really admired that oriental garden at ReaperCon. Did you sculpt the koi yourself? It's a very neat and characterful piece =)

/ali

Afraid not. I had only a few hours a night over the course of a week and a half to finish all of these guys so I improvised by just resculpting some parts of some not so well sculpted fish charms. Since Koi can go monstrously large they were still close enough in scale to be useable. The bowl just screamed "put a garden in me" when I saw it.

Maya~