Darkstar

Arran Rabin

Arran-web.jpg

This mini was given to me a couple years back by Linus (Vikinglodge) and I finally got around to painting it. The hands were sculpted kind of rough, I think he might have been meant to be wearing gloves but it didn't dawn on me until I was almost done painting them as bare skin so I just left it as is. Thanks for looking.

I always loved your work. For this one the free hand inside the cloak is pretty awesome.

Your reds are still some of the best reds out there.

But, I noticed you only did the freehand on one part of the interior cloak and not on the other side of him, or at least not noticeable in the pictures anywway. Reason?

But, I noticed you only did the freehand on one part of the interior cloak and not on the other side of him, or at least not noticeable in the pictures anywway. Reason?

They're magic. :lol:

That red is gorgeous! I particularly like the subtlety of the freehand inside the cloak. It's beautiful, but it's not hitting you over the head with it's beauty.

Hey thanks for the kind words folks that really means alot to me, and I appreciate it. I'm glad you like :)

The inside cloak design started as a simple corner embellishment that took on a life of it's own and grew to a larger size than originally planned as I painted it, (ending up looking nothing like my intended sketches). It's large enough now that it looks like it wants to be taking up more of the inside of the cloak I agree. The sketch I worked out before painting on just shows a sort of symmetrical ornate little floral filigree pattern that starts at the corner of the cloak and fills out the corner, but when I started painting and detailing, a more freeform suggestion took over and grew to fill up more of the corner even going a bit into the shadows.

Generally i just lurk around here, but this paint job is stupendous!!! That free hand has got to be some of the best I've ever seen. Your colors are clean and bright, the whole thing is just flawless!

:blink: