Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha half orc thief from Julie Guthrie

I am not a fan of the old sculpts, but you always do a wonderful job on them. I would love you to do more modern figs that have better sculpts to them.

Who makes the static grass that you use?

Hi Beowulf,

The grass is a combination of Warhammer scorched grass and some Gale Force Nine Hobby Scenics grass that I got recently from the hobby store.

Thanks for the compliments on the paint job, I actually like though the older stuff. There's a lot of older cool stuff out there, plus I like the 25 mm scale I think more than I like the "heroic" scale that is more prevelant today.

Really nice skin tones on that one. The gear seems very detailed and I just like the sculpt very much. Good work.

When was this set released?

Hey Moon, great paintjob on this one, and I like the sculpt too. Most of my old (soft lead) minis from that era have mashed-up noses and squished-flat hands - if you've had this guy since '84, you've obviously taken better care of your collection than I did back then! Have you checked out Joe Kutz's thread linking to tons of old RP catalog photos over in the General Discussion/General Fantasy forum yet? The thread's been there for a good 6 months but only recently came to my attention when a 1st time poster bumped it back up top, and it made me think of all these classic minis you've been posting lately.

Keep posting that new paint on old lead!

Kang

{{{Hey Moon, great paintjob on this one, and I like the sculpt too. Most of my old (soft lead) minis from that era have mashed-up noses and squished-flat hands - if you've had this guy since '84, you've obviously taken better care of your collection than I did back then! Have you checked out Joe Kutz's thread linking to tons of old RP catalog photos over in the General Discussion/General Fantasy forum yet? The thread's been there for a good 6 months but only recently came to my attention when a 1st time poster bumped it back up top, and it made me think of all these classic minis you've been posting lately}}}}}

Hi Kang, thanks. The grand majority of my old miniatures (and this was actually one of them) was in my parents' garage or basement from about 1986-2003 when I rediscovered painting again. They were in a few boxes and most of them survived surprisingly well. As for Joe's thread I saw that when it came back up again on the forum and I bookmarked it!

if you guys really like the old minis from ral partha check out iron wind metals they bought out all the old ral partha molds and are makeing all the old minis even the battle tech line ::D:

Just to clarify (not being argumentative or anything), but IWM cannot bring back anything RP produced under license for TSR, such as AD&D, or any other major lines with issues re: intellectual property rights.

@72moonglum - nicely done, especially at the smaller scale. I'll echo Jabberwocky and add that while I may not prefer the older sculpts over modern stuff, I do like them and have quite a few myself.

"Respect the classics, man! It's Hendrix!"

Fillmore

Wow! Again you amaze me with how you can take the old models which most people consider "flat" and breathe such life into them.

I like your more subdued pallettes you use, and your ability to create smooth transitions is something I greatly envy.

And now, the squee.

He's just so coool! He's not an assassin. He's not a pickpocket. And he CERTAINLY isn't one to be accused of inside-trading or real-eatate fraud. He's an ARMED ROBBER.. a MEAN one... no Thelma nor Louise..nope..not here!

Is he single?