Swag Rant

Ok maybe not a rant, but a general malaise.

One thing that I had been looking forward to for years was getting my hands on that reaper paint rack. It's pretty much the only reason I ever bothered saving PoPs. I have just over a hundred bottles of paint in circulation, and it's a devil keeping them all straight.

So I dutifully saved my Proofs, waiting for the day when I could get that woofin' paint rack. I have about 55 proofs currently mouldering in a drawer in the paint room. I'm sure if I cleaned out my car I could find at least five more. I probably have at least 70 scattered around my house.

Of course they changed the program; apparently it was costing them a little too much. Well they are a business after all and not a charity. BUT THEY GOT RID OF THE PAINT RACK!!! What the heck man?

I like the key fobs, they are well designed and pretty slick. Just not enough to justify buying a $5 chunk of metal for exactly what I consider to be it's actual value, plus shipping that costs just as much as the bloody fob. At that rate I don't see the use of bothering to cut out Proofs on roughly $64 worth of minis. Just sell the swag and call it good. The Rack was 90 Reaper points, which comes to $630 worth of brand loyalty, which I think is a good deal for both parties if I pay shipping.

SO if I'm not willing to pay for the swag, should I just toss the proofs? I don't know why I'm sitting on them but I can't bring myself to throw them away. Maybe I'm hoping for the return of the rack.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I admit that I am not really one to where t-shirts or hats, and my keychain already causes enough crowding in my pocket to need a fob to add in to the mix. So, from that point of view I agree that I personally have not saved the POPs for them. I guess I missed the whole paint rack thing being in there as an option so I can't comment on that one. But, I guess I have just saved them anyway just in case something came up...

And you know what, something did... This year at ReaperCon, Reaper allowed us to trade in at 1 pop = 10 reaperbucks that we could use in the auction.

That allowed me to get a full 108 bottle set of master series paints for the low cost of savingand turning in my pop in that trade.

So, if you think you will ever make it to Reapercon at some point, which everyone should at some point, then I woud continue to save them.

I do apologize. We had to make some very unpopular decisions for business reasons. As far as shipping goes, UPS is pretty expensive these days, and the $5 or $6 shipping cost is what we pay out. I find that it works out better ifyou order more than one thing - especially in SWAG terms, where it is a flat $5 shipping fee.

The Paint racks were never a popular SWAG item, and when we examined them in terms of pricing, it was unfeasible to continue to carry them.

As for the Proofs, we continue to find new uses for them, including they can be used as currency in our auction every year at ReaperCon. I beleive at least one on-line retailer will buy them off of you, although I am unsure of his precise policy.

I got a paint rack as well and used it for a bit until i realized what a pain it was to find the paint bottle i needed & then i started buying masters series and other brands and they didnt fit very well either. So, the rack went to the garage. It seems as if it would be good for those folks that are in the retail business and wanted to display/store propaints.

Reaper Swag for Reaper bucks is a good deal. I may have to undertake the migration to ReaperCon next year

Hmm.. maybe if I turn mine up, it might be just right for organizing the spices in my kitchen :lol:

I sorta keep hoping a caddy for RMS aside from the carry case might come along. My plastic toolbox is looking kinda ghettofab.

Don't get me wrong; I like the Fobs, and I understand the difficulties of shipping. I'm not a hat/t-shirt guy, so that limits my selection. Not Reaper's fault in any way. I think it would be nice if we could trade points for minis, or a discount on minis. That would be a good motivator for me, and I'd be likely to purchase a mini or two while I was at it. Just a thought.

BTW how great is Reaper as a company? I can remember being stunned a few years ago when they wrote a long apology for raising the prices of thier models. Most companies would just do it and not say aword, but the folks at reaper (as evidenced by Reaperbryan's post) actually care about and seem to genuinely care about thier customers. That's pretty rare.

Okay, I admit I may be biased, but let me tell you what I think of Reaper as a company. Three years ago, I was painting Games Workshop models (poorly) for my husband. I walked into a game store and found reaper and thought they were kinda neat. Went to the website, found out about Reapercon, that they taught classes there, and decided to go. When I arrived, a month after even finding out the company existed, I was welcomed with open arms. The owners, the employees, and especially Reaper Bryan were friendly and went out of their way to put a smile on my face. I have since found out that their customer service is second to none, they take care of their people, and everyone from the CEO and CFO down to the part time casters are genuinely good people. They charge the least they can for their product, and want to produce a quality product every single time. Yes, color me converted!

• Reaper User
Of course they changed the program; apparently it was costing them a little too much. Well they are a business after all and not a charity. BUT THEY GOT RID OF THE PAINT RACK!!! What the heck man?

Maybe I'm hoping for the return of the rack.

Bryan is correct, no one ever ordered the paint rack so we stopped listing it. That said, send in per the old listing (i'm sure someone can tell you what it was) and make it attn to Ed Pugh and I will get it processed through.

Best

Ed