New Previews!

Damien Rocks! I would totally play him as a wizard or warlock. I'm guessing those implements will also be handy for other conversions.

Thanks! He spent so much on his implements that he couldn't afford a shirt. :;):

As a side note: I made the pegs (on the sprued implements) longer than the hole (in the arm) -- since it's easier to drill the hole a little deeper than to add a longer pin. I also did this for the wrist of my male sea elf. Please let me know whether this idea works out for you.

And, as my friend just said when he looked at the wand: "Is that an artichoke?" So if your character wants to snack on a big artichoke -- or a giant turkey-leg with a little conversion -- then this is the sprue for you. ::P:

Derek

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reaper User
I was operating under the assumption that Reaper would want to capitalize on this newer aspect of D&D.

Sorry the Reptus models don't fit the bill for you sir.

We are seeing an increase of Reptus sales and therefore releasing one into DHL.

So, I guess, for some people, the Reptus work just fine. A little nip and tuck, as folks do with a lot of models, and presto--works great.

Let me know when someone (that is not WotC, is not fly-by-night and is in the USA) comes out with a tailless, hair-scaled Dragon person that "looks" like a D&D Dragonborn, and I'll show you an infringement lawsuit in the making. I hope you are able to find something that does fit the bill and doesn't require some sort of converting.

Any way to tell what the approximate size is on those Saprolings?

They are human-sized models. Maybe just a bit taller, but not much.

So, I guess, for some people, the Reptus work just fine. A little nip and tuck, as folks do with a lot of models, and presto--works great.

It's the back-bowed legs that really make it it a conversion nightmare for me. ^_^

(touched-up) PPP's it is, then!

Any way to tell what the approximate size is on those Saprolings?

They are human-sized models. Maybe just a bit taller, but not much.

Allow to me to shed further light on the subject.

06202_w_1.jpg

The bases the models are featured on are 25mmx25mm, so that can be used to approximate their height, and is the method we most often use in Warlord.

Still, about two months ago I had an idea and began including a scale reference to every model in the pictures.

It's really subtle, but if you look you will notice two tiny white triangles on the right edge of the graphic. The lower triangle rests at 1/2 inch, the higher triangle at 1 inch - now, this is measured from the surface of the table, not the top of the models base.

As of right now, only models that have been photographed since Early May 2008 have this feature, but I have been gradually shooting our entire 2,000+ catalog of models, and hope to be able to update every model we have with new pictures (including front and back shots as we have been featuring lately as well) that will offer the same scale reference.

I hope this helps!

Dragonborn are intellectual property I realize, however Wizards can hardly lay claim to Lizardmen or Dragonmen as proprietary. Reptus make wonderful dragonborn from a certain perspective, but that is hardly any reason to prevent more variety on the theme from Reaper; meaning Reaper should be producing a wide variety of Lizardmen and Dragonmen outside the Reptus mold. In fact since we've known Dragonborn have been coming as a staple PC race for nearly a year now I find it hard to believe Reaper hasn't gone out and produced a new look DHL Lizardman race that differs from the Reptus. Such a race doesn't need to be identical to Dragonborn, merely different enough from the Reptus to offer an alternative form.

The Reptus currently lack much of the nobility seen in the Dragonborn, as well as the variety in equipment (particularly armor), their bodies just don't seem well fitted to wearing heavy armor. A different Lizardman race, perhaps with a more streamlined body yet still with characteristics that distinguish it as unique (perhaps more Draconian features like horns) from the standard Hasbro creation. I don't think anyone is asking for 'Dragonborn' complete with weird scale/hair, perhaps just less heavily stylized Lizardmen.

Reptus are a good alternative, but hardly a race that exclusively represents the idea of Lizard/Dragonmen in a fantasy setting. I'd be very disappointed if Reaper pigeonholed themselves into Reptus exclusively (or for that matter if they didn't continue to produce Reptus sculpts), variety is what I as a customer am looking for.

The Reptus currently lack much of the nobility seen in the Dragonborn, as well as the variety in equipment (particularly armor), their bodies just don't seem well fitted to wearing heavy armor. A different Lizardman race, perhaps with a more streamlined body yet still with characteristics that distinguish it as unique (perhaps more Draconian features like horns) from the standard Hasbro creation. I don't think anyone is asking for 'Dragonborn' complete with weird scale/hair, perhaps just less heavily stylized Lizardmen.

I don't care for the weird scale hair thing. I think the dragonborn should have had tails to begin with. What I would like to see is heavier armor and a big honking sword.

I don't think anyone else has yet, so I'm going to give props to Mr Supervillain. I really like the idea of Chronoscope encompassing so many genres - so far we've got western, sci-fi, near-future, pulp and now superheroes as well! I wait with baited breath for a hero in a high-tech battlesuit to square off with Crosswire....

I was hoping for more multi-part options on this line, but it's no big deal. The line seems to have really taken off. I love the surprise factor now with these releases, as you have no idea what Reaper is cooking up.

I would have bought more "Sligg" (spelling?) if they could have had weapon options. I'll just have to buy a few and hope for more later.