What I do to relieve stress

Enchantra

I tried to post this in both OTR and down in the poetry and other abuses section and it would not allow me to attach anything, so I'm giving it a shot here. Mods, move it as you see fit.

So I figured I would pop my head in and just show one of the things I do to relieve stress. This was a recent contest entry. It's several years of development away from being considered a real bonsai yet. The contest was to take a nursery tree and turn it into the best literati style tree we could muster in one year. The contest ended earlier this month, and while I didn't place I enjoyed the process immensely. I had originally bought the unstyled tree at Home Depot as therapy when I was stood up on a date in late 2006. Part of the therapy was that I hacked away at it. Anyways, here it is today, all in shape for the contest.

post-249-1214277565_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great Enchantra, I, too enjoy bonsai as a form of relaxation. I have quite a few trees, but none of them what I would call show quality. But it is relaxing to go out and snip and trim and wire. I always wondered if the Enchantra on the bonsai site was the same Enchantra here, I guess I have my answer now. Small worls isn't it. Keep up the good work.

John Lee

Looks great Enchantra, I, too enjoy bonsai as a form of relaxation. I have quite a few trees, but none of them what I would call show quality. But it is relaxing to go out and snip and trim and wire. I always wondered if the Enchantra on the bonsai site was the same Enchantra here, I guess I have my answer now. Small worls isn't it. Keep up the good work.

John Lee

Yeah, same person. ::D: I moderate there.

You must go by a different name there though as I don't remember seeing a "John Lee" there.

Aside from painting minis this is what I do. This tree really isn't show quality either, but I gave the contest my best shot. Looking back on how I styled this tree, I should have used the first large branch as the trunk instead of cutting it off and using the main trunk. Oh well, live and learn.