Sign in to follow this  
morganm

Dropper Bottles

Tried finding some "dropper bottles" locally. Everyone just looked at me funny when I asked. Tried Michaels, Target, Wal-Mart, game stores, and Walgreens. I saw Reaper sells empty dropper bottles $3 for 3 and it's hard finding anyone else that even sells them online. Maybe I just suck at the google =P I have to buy empty bottles because I have GW paints in their lame pots; most of them are OLD pots that don't even have the flip top lid.

Please advise =^.^=

Dropper bottles probably will not be available locally - unless one of your local stores has them from Reaper or Vallejo. Most of the online hobby stores will carry them in or around their painting supplies section of their website (near brushes).

Away from there, you have companies like Western Plastics or US Plastics who also sell them. The proper search term will be "Boston Round Dropper tip bottle" - that should get you a few thousand results in Google.

Other than that - I also keep a bunch (few gross I think) on hand at any given time. Let me know if you don't find them elsewhere.

If you need a large quantity it may be better to order online. I bought a hundred from Western Plastics on two occasions that cost a total of $35 (bottle, caps, tips) with shipping or .35/ea. Looking today I couldn't find the Western Plastics site with my old link but this site has 1/2 oz Boston Rounds with cap choices.

http://www.containerandpackaging.com/item.asp?item=B439

For smaller quantities the Reaper blisters are a viable solution.

When ordering from stores like the one linked to, make sure that you understand how it is sold. That one looks to sell the bottle, tip and cap all separately. Some of them sell it as a unit with all three - others will sell the bottle and tip/cap as two separate parts.

They still are usually cheaper (especially if you are looking at case lots...though in the case of that particular store, a case is 2750 bottles...so probably not) - but you want to make sure that you order what you need in terms of the various components and don't accidentally order more or less than you need.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/variant.a...iant%5Fid=66532

I know they ship all three as a single unit - and I don't think they have a minimum order amount.

The ones Joe linked are half as much as the Vallejo bottles from The War Store; think I'm gonna order those. If I only needed 3 I'd get the Reaper ones but I'll probably get over a dozen.

Saw nothing about a minimum quantity to order from USPlastic so I hope that's true.

I order from them two or three times a month - and I don't recall ever dealing with minimum order quantities...granted I'm ordering a lot of stuff that gets delivered freight and would likely be more than the minimum quantity anyway. If I remember correctly though, they only ship UPS or freight - so the shipping charges will start around $10 (about twice that of USPS starting rates). Still, they are good to deal with and provide a catalog of things you never knew you needed...which is nice to flip through when you get a chance.

I knew I liked them for a reason. Anywho - you should get the products pretty quick (normally it takes about 3-5 days to get out here in BFE). Along with that, you will get their catalog. Be sure to take a look at the plastic stock that they carry. If you stracthbuild, or know any scratchbuilders it will save you a significant amount of money. Plus you can get stuff like 1/4" thick styrene and what not. Very good stuff for making buildings that will last. Not to mention a few hundred other things that I have ordered from them in the past few years.

Bottles arrived already; that was fast!

I really like them so far. Only draw back has been spending 4 hours getting paint from the GW pots into the bottles. Still have 6 of the 20 left to fill. Ya know; think I'll just be buying paints in the bottles from now on. The only reason I have these paints is because a friend gave them to me when he got out of Warhammer. The inks were easy to tansfer =)

Can I use BBs like you'd use in a BB gun for agitaters? They won't react funny with the paint right?

Thx

Actually I believe BBs will react and rust over time. I found the best agitators to be those little glass beads that are used in making those craft necklaces.

Can I use BBs like you'd use in a BB gun for agitaters? They won't react funny with the paint right?

Thx

BBs will rust. I know this from experience. Go with glass beads or some Reaper sprue.