New Painting DVD

miniken

:unsure: I came across a new painting DVD called "Painting miniatures with Jérémie Bonamant Teboul". It's produced by Kraken. Does anyone have any feedback regarding this as far as quality and usefulness? It looks like it would be good considering the painter. It seems like a fair price at $40 for seven hours of instruction.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reaper User

Jeremie's site as of today gives the release date as July 3rd.

Jeremie taught at ReaperCon this year and also gave an in-depth seminar to some of us locals the weekend before. He is one of France's best-known painters for a reason...his stuff is phenomenal and I found his seminar even made things "click" a little better or more interestingly in *my* old jaded been-there painting brain! There is a preview video on U-Tube--just search under Jeremie's name and you should find it. It looks like it's going to be a very nice product from those clips, and I'm planning on picking it up. ::):

--Anne

If I remember correctly several of the miniatures used in the production of the DVD were ones he brought with him to ReaperCon. He truly is an amaing painter and I'll be picking up a couple of copies for here at the store. We're going to be trying to get the DVD that Privateer Press is putting out soon as well, hopefully increasing the interest in the hobby at both the tabletop and display levels.

:devil: Now if we can just convince Anne to make one for Reaper.

Oh my god .. I remember salivating over the elephant this guy did in the reapercon 08 trailer

I am definatley adding this DVD to my list of must haves

seriously envious of this guys talent

C

I was one of the people who worked on the translations for this DVD (French to English). If you can't understand the English, then you know where to complain. :poke:

I have not seen the DVD, but let me say this: I learned tons just by editing the texts, with no pics or sound or anything. In fact, I put what I learned to use in a mini that I painted for KublaCon, and got second in the Fantasy Small category (after Laszlo Jakusovsky). I'm pretty proud of that!

By the way, Laszlo is coming out with a DVD this summer too. That one looks to be pretty rockin' too. His website is http://hot-lead.org/

I don't know about you, but I'm going to be getting both of these DVDs for sure.

• Reaper User

Laszlo will also be selling his DVD at Gen Con, for those of you who are going...I only know this because he and his wife are rooming with me! And they are very near to the Reaper booth, so keep an eyeball out!

--Anne ::):

Here's a little "Easter Egg" for those who have both "Peindre Des Figurines" (Jeremis Bonamant's DVD) and the new book "Le Grand Livre de la Peinture sur Figurine" (an amazing book BTW).

Pop the DVD into your computer. Assuming you have a PC (I'm not sure of the procedures for Mac users), open "My Computer" and RMB over the DVD drive. Select "Open" and you'll see .PDF files for Glossary (the English version is GLOSSARY.pdf).

If you print this, it's the same glossary found at the end of the book "Le Grand Livre...".

Lucky me, that was going to be my starting point for translating this book...I wish I paid more attention during my one year of French in college :)

Hope this is helpful.

-AW

Here's a little "Easter Egg" for those who have both "Peindre Des Figurines" (Jeremis Bonamant's DVD) and the new book "Le Grand Livre de la Peinture sur Figurine" (an amazing book BTW).

Pop the DVD into your computer. Assuming you have a PC (I'm not sure of the procedures for Mac users), open "My Computer" and RMB over the DVD drive. Select "Open" and you'll see .PDF files for Glossary (the English version is GLOSSARY.pdf).

If you print this, it's the same glossary found at the end of the book "Le Grand Livre...".

Lucky me, that was going to be my starting point for translating this book...I wish I paid more attention during my one year of French in college :)

Hope this is helpful.

-AW

Huzzah! It worked! :lol: I love his definition of a "brush".

So are you really planning on translating the book? Sounds pretty ambitious, but I'd love to have a copy if you ever finish it.

By "translate" I was thinking of tackling the articles and items piecemeal with the help of Bablefish :) I wanted to start with the glossary because some of the terms don't necessarily translate correctly with Bablefish. Actually, a twiki type page for a combined translation effort would be neat, but I'm sure it would tread on copyright.

Oh, the things we do for this hobby :)

-AW

Not sure if you already know about this, but I thought I'd pass along some info.

Last I heard Jeremie was trying to get a translation published, but no publishers were interested. The new edition of his "Grand Livre" came out this summer. If you really want to help, try to get a publisher on board for this!

By the way, if you see any of the articles in the book that you'd like help translating, I'd be happy to help. I don't want to translate the whole book, but there are tons of short articles in that thing that would be great as discussion starters here on the boards. I don't think Jeremie would mind us doing that, maybe he'd even stop by and amuse us with his English. :poke:

Michael

Edited by Mclimbin

Weird... I don't remember JBT saying anything about there being a new version, just the one I got from him in August. Unless I misunderstood, which happens far too often! :blush:

Thanks for the translastion offer, but I can pretty much follow it. I don't speak any french, but having taken his class I recognize alot of the stuff.

Not sure if you already know about this, but I thought I'd pass along some info.

Last I heard Jeremie was trying to get a translation published, but no publishers were interested. The new edition of his "Grand Livre" came out this summer. If you really want to help, try to get a publisher on board for this!

By the way, if you see any of the articles in the book that you'd like help translating, I'd be happy to help. I don't want to translate the whole book, but there are tons of short articles in that thing that would be great as discussion starters here on the boards. I don't think Jeremie would mind us doing that, maybe he'd even stop by and amuse us with his English. :poke:

Michael