Miniature or more a day!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What techniques are you using on these? You're getting some fantastic results.

On most of these minis I'm using a black dupli color primer then I'm blocking in the colors with a couple thinned down layers. I'm not too careful about coverage because a lot of that layer will get covered up again and the rest will be shadow anyway. Then I put a wash over the whole think usually consisting of a burnt umber and a small drop of dark blue. I usually dilute with water and future floor wax. After that dries I just do some loose layering with thinned down paint. The over all wash I use gives me an extra layer of depth I don't actually have to carefully apply. I usually start my first layer after the wash with the base color then I do 1-3 layers of highlights over that. After I'm done I spray the mini with two coats of Krylon Matte Varnish which isn't as dead flat as some brands but seems tough enough to handle most in game abuse.

Well I'm getting a bit burned out on the project which is ironic because my speed is getting better. Getting myself to sit down and paint every night is getting harder and there are other things I need and want to do. I'm still trying to stick with it until the end of the month but after that I'm going to have to do some terrain or something totally different for a couple weeks.

Here's a scavenger from Copplestone Castings Future Wars. He's begging to get written into a zombie game sometime in the future but for now he'll probably play the part of random gun toating NPC in my Serenity RPG.

miniaday117.jpg

Well tonight things just didn't work out. I just had too many things to do after I got off work. I only managed to get to the wash stage but I'm going to go ahead and finish this mini up tonight and if I can finish it and another by tomorrow night then that's just going to have to do. I think I'm just going to see if I can manage to get 31 done by the end of the month.

Well now I'm two days behind. Weekends are in reality the worst days to get minis done. I run my Serenity Campaign on Saturday and Sunday is usually housework day. Today however I went to a birthday party 15 miles out of town then make a 120 mile trip to take my mother, who was staying the weekend with us back home. I just managed to finish one mini over the entire weekend. Another Copplestone babe.

miniaday118.jpg