Sign in to follow this  
Ironworker

The Adventures of Jack Harrison

Ever since I picked up the Chronoscope minis I've been thinking about how cool it would be to do a pulp adventure starring Jack Harrison using only Reaper minis as his allies and adversaries. I think I'm going to set the first one in the Carribian and use Rhazig and his crew of undead pirates as antaganist. I'm debating using the Warlord Rules as well but I've never actually played a game with them and I'm not sure how I would stat Jack up. Any thoughts?

Jack needs to be statted up with near-infinite wound levels...or get one back every time he does a daring stunt!! ::D: If you gave him ten wounds (hit points) and he didn't suffer stat degradation 'till he was on his last one...and give him a wound back every time he pulls off a crazy caper...that would be fun. ::D:

--Anne ::):

Jack needs to be statted up with near-infinite wound levels...or get one back every time he does a daring stunt!! ::D: If you gave him ten wounds (hit points) and he didn't suffer stat degradation 'till he was on his last one...and give him a wound back every time he pulls off a crazy caper...that would be fun. ::D:

--Anne ::):

Sounds like a good solution! I rarely let pulp heros die in my games unless it's real important to the story. They are always only stunned or thrown clear of the blast or whatever. They can fail at their mission but they never just die needlessly. That's why I consider my pulp games adventure games rather than strict wargames or rpgs.

Hopefully I can get on this project pretty soon. I need to re-read my Warlord rules and figure out what needs adjusting for this type of game. I may even try and run it at the fall Recurits con in Lee's Summit MO if I can get it to work out.

Ever since I picked up the Chronoscope minis I've been thinking about how cool it would be to do a pulp adventure starring Jack Harrison using only Reaper minis as his allies and adversaries. I think I'm going to set the first one in the Carribian and use Rhazig and his crew of undead pirates as antaganist. I'm debating using the Warlord Rules as well but I've never actually played a game with them and I'm not sure how I would stat Jack up. Any thoughts?

Something that you might consider using from the initial Warlord rules are the "Stunt" section , such as things like "Tightrope" , "Leap" , "Grapnel" and "Climb" on pages 77 & 78 1st printing .

Hey Ironworker,

Odd, you'd pick that island. I had a high school teacher that spent just over 15 years as a missionary on that very island. What are the odds of that, I wonder?

:devil:

Maybe you can put him in your game as flavor text. ::):

DRG

Yes Lake Nicaragua was a contender for the cannal that went in at Panama in fact there may be one put in there yet. One other cool thing about the lake is that it home to Bull Sharks which are the most dangerous sharks as far as attacking humans and they can survive in either fresh water or salt water. I swear this place writes it's own game. It's like a pulp adventure paradise. Nicaragua also has Jaguar.

Hey Ironworker,

Odd, you'd pick that island. I had a high school teacher that spent just over 15 years as a missionary on that very island. What are the odds of that, I wonder?

DRG

Two Volcanos on one island in a large lake and you can see the Pacific Ocean from their summits. Ancient ruins including tons of Petroglyphs and statues. A 16th-17th century pirate hideout. It's like a Pulp theam park.

What's your teachers name? I could always use some Missionaries.

Hey Ironworker,

DRG

Two Volcanos on one island in a large lake and you can see the Pacific Ocean from their summits. Ancient ruins including tons of Petroglyphs and statues. A 16th-17th century pirate hideout. It's like a Pulp theam park.

What's your teachers name? I could always use some Missionaries.

His name is A. A. Stuart. He had been a physics professor in the late 1960s, I believe at an east coast university. He never said which one. In 1969 he left the university to take up the role of a missionary along with his wife and daughter. You're right, though, that locations screams pulp and does write itself.

Bon Apetit

er, there's not going to be cannibals suddenly appearing on the island are there? 'Cause if so, my bon apetit takes on a suddenly ill meaning.

DRG

Bon Apetit

er, there's not going to be cannibals suddenly appearing on the island are there? 'Cause if so, my bon apetit

What are the chances of cannibals not inhabiting a remote, jungle island in the pulps?

I mean, that NEVER happened :poke:

Hey pulpy Jack Harrison fans,

Then there's the flight cap alternate head... I just noticed last week this model. It's not out yet, but is being released supposedly early August (and it's a $12 kit). I've got one pre-ordered myself.

http://www.lindberg-models.com/air_model70512.html

I know someone was mentioning dogs in another message thread. now we need a Jack Russel terrier - and with alternate heads as well. ::):

I like that plane kit. Might have to get that one.

thanks for the link

RM

All you need now is a small gold monkey statue, a French 'Governor', and a mechanic. ::D:

Yes, yes, yes. And an American nightclub singer with a wireless radio in her suitcase, a blond hair blue eyed priest, an asian pirate princess, and her samurai bodyguard... Eyup, that was my show.