Batman

Nanite

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone check out the new Batman cartoon Gotham Knight?

Story was OK. It seemed like they were trying to be adult just because they could with the PG-13 rating. Visually kinda neat though. The new movie however is top notch. Highly recommended.

I have to say I hated the original movies, except for B89 as Keaton and Nicholson did do a great job in it. I always expected we'd never see a 'real' Batman movie as his stories are always much more dark and adult than the other superhero story's and since that would exclude the kiddie toy market, I didn't think it'd happen. Along comes Chris Nolan to make my day with Begins and then comes out with the DEFINITIVE (IMO) Batman franchise sequel, showing how Batman should be done. Can't even put into words how much I loved TDK, cannot wait to be a mega fanboy and see it a few more times in the theater before the DVD release. :)

Batman the Animated Series holds up very well over time.

As others have said, the animation is a little dated, but I still enjoy it. The writing remains phenomenal. I watch it, along with Superman: TAS every morning with my daughter on Toon Disney. The commentary in the JL and Superman DVD's are pretty cool, because it's predominantly the same team for all 3 series. It's kind of neat to see the development of the production staff and evolution of the various series.

I also have all 3 volumes of Superman and the first two of Justice League. All 4 volumes of Batman, JL:Unlimited and Gotham Knights are in transit as I type this.

I've always loved the noir feel of the old batman animated series.

Have to also say, I am fond of the new The Batman that has been out on Saturday mornings for the past couple years. Sadly the series is over, but apparently the transition they have already set up for the Justice League in the last season looks like we will be seeing a JL version in the near future. Should work well to further expose kids to the concept in time for the JL live action flick.

Edited by Qwyksilver

I am generally more of a Joker fan who tolerates Batman and those other guys.

The new cartoon is alright. The Joker has gorilla feet and won't wear shoes, but I like it well enough for a children's show.

The Ledger/Nolan Joker was 50/50 for me. That's better than I expected from Nolan.