hmmmm which one is better

haldir

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally dislike prepainted plastic figures, and I hate the very concept of random "collectable" figures. That said, some of the WOTC figures are actually pretty nice looking.

That, however, is not one of them. ::P:

I generally dislike prepainted plastic figures, and I hate the very concept of random "collectable" figures. That said, some of the WOTC figures are actually pretty nice looking.

Uhhh... Truth in advertising, please. They look nowhere near as nice in real life as they do in the pics.

Uhhh... Truth in advertising, please. They look nowhere near as nice in real life as they do in the pics.

That's weird. I own all of them and they look just as good or better.

I might pick one of these or the other dragonborn figure in AtG set just to see what they look in person, just depends on the price. Still the Reaper one I like better. Still you would think they would release a uncommon version of dragonborn, with them being a new race & such. WotC did the same thing with Warforged, but at least they came out with more uncommons in the sets, they released 2 dragonborn & both are rare figures. Where tieflings have a bunch all up & down the rarity scale. Goofy marketing epically when you concider that tieflings have a ton of figs already out in other sets & such.

The pics you see online & on the big poster/map of the set are master figures, reason why they look different then what you see in the blisters, singles & such.

Just seen this on FRGgames.com's site regarding next year's starter box of DDMs, here are the minis that are included

# 5 exclusive, non random, pre-painted plastic miniatures: Troll-King, Dragonborn Rogue, Gnoll Huntsmaster, Halfling Cleric, and Woodland Defender

WotC did the same thing with Warforged, but at least they came out with more uncommons in the sets, they released 2 dragonborn & both are rare figures.

Actually, there was a Uncommon Warforged before there was a rare one:

Giants of Legend - Warforged Fighter - Uncommon

Giants of Legend - Warforged Titan - Rare (Huge)

Aberrations - Warforged Hero - Rare

Deathknell - Warforged Wizard - Uncommon

War Drums - Warforged Bodyguard - Uncommon

War Drums - Warforged Captain - Uncommon

War Drums - Warforged Scout - Uncommon

Blood War - Lord of Blades - Rare

Dungeons of Dread - Warforged Infiltrator (makes a great Dr. Doom!) - Uncommon

But I do very much agree that there needs to be a few uncommon DDM Dragonborn for the players who choose that race.

To be fair, that Dragonborn art looks like the 3.x Dragonborn. That was more like a 'template' that could be applied to other races (technically, IIRC, you underwent a transformation into one, so it wasn't a normal 'template'), so there could be Elvish and Halfling based Dragonborn. Now Dragonborn appear to be born as such.

But I think "side by side" was meant as "side by side in the same picture"...