Classic Battletech Shrike

Ok, this model alone may be the sole reason no one will play Battletech with me. I didn't like the scrawny arm and then a big gun arm, and seeing as they gave me 2 different guns to play with. I used them both, and here's the model as it stands now:

post-4777-1215943586_thumb.jpg

I'm gonna wait until my LGS gets the Reaper hex bases I special ordered before I prime and paint this beast. I'm going to paint it in a WWI German camo scheme. (greens, browns and maybe grays with a black line to separate the various earth tones)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Nice. Good work there. Can't wait to see what paint scheme your using. Regimental or free lance?

I usually do a bit of tweeking with CBT figures.

I did a Stone Rhino with two large guns, (one on each shoulder) and one little in the middle. The big gun it had for the middle was supposed to be a light laser!?!

Regimental or free lance?

What is difference? This is my fist CBT mini ever and am not familiar with the various clan involved in the game.

I did a Stone Rhino with two large guns, (one on each shoulder) and one little in the middle. The big gun it had for the middle was supposed to be a light laser!?!

If you got pics post 'em! I'd love to the that piece of walking death.

Quick update here:

I decided to start painting him now and I just paint the base brown or green. The primer is been put on the model.

Here as requested by Toad a WIP pic if it:

post-4777-1216002607_thumb.jpg

I'll paint the guns and jets later tonight. And as for clans, I looked at the official site and may very well make my own clan. That way I can use whatever models strike my interest, custom color scheme, and I will have a one of a kind force.

Like JW, very cool cockpit. Never thought to do the cockpit in red before. SWEET!

Sold the Stone Rhino about 10 years or more ago. Bloke wanted it so bad he insisted on 4x the shelf price.

My FLGS still stocks them so may just have to revisit the old days and get another one.

That's cool, sometimes you can't say no to people who want to buy a model at 4x the cost. I hope to have all the base colors on it by the end of today. But I'm not sure how much if at all to highlight the armor.

Visor- done

Metal bits- done

Camo- almost there, just 1 or 2 more colors