Vampires and feeding

jdchap

In the rulebook, it says vampiric feeding is a non-combat loot action. Does this mean a vampire can feed and attack in the same activation? I didn't think it did, just because it doesn't make sense to me, but the other two guys I play with said they could, so I went along with it. Was I right, or were they? That would seem to make vampires and other feeders very, very strong, but then again, I guess vampires ARE very, very strong. A little help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your friends are correct. Vampiric Feeding is indeed a Loot non-combat action, and thus a Vampire could kill a model and drain it on the same turn. ::):

For Reference, here is the rule from Rage Chronicles 2008:

Vampire Models may heal themselves via Vampiric Feeding. By performing a Loot Non-Combat Action on any fallen Model (either a Stunned Model or an actual Casualty) that has not been previously Looted or Coup de Graced, a Vampire may heal a single point of damage. Vampiric Feeding may not be performed on Models with the Undead SA. Vampiric Feeding performed on enemy Models with the Fearsome SA heals two points of damage instead of one. The Model fed upon is considered Coup de Graced. A fallen Model may only be fed upon a single time.

As a Darkspawn leader ( :poke: ) I had to ask:

Could vampires feed from demon?

If I recall the rule correct, they could.

But because of background the demons are not from "this" (Taltos) world, so there could be the possibility that the Vamp couldn't feed from demons.

But as I get Pain Tokens from undead models, so may the vamp feed from demons

As a Darkspawn leader ( :poke: ) I had to ask:

Could vampires feed from demon?

I recall the rule correct, they could.

But because of background the demons are not from "this" (Taltos) world, so there could be the possibility that the Vamp couldn't feed from demons.

But as I get Pain Tokens from undead models, so may the vamp feed from demons

Yes, they can drain any non-Undead. While it could be fun to add more flavor by restricting their feedings further, we felt that would be too much overhead for the game. It is a fine line to tread - balancing the complexities of realism with the need for streamlined rules. ::):