Sign in to follow this  
torak101

Warlord and DHL

I'm not sure I am tracking the company stratagy here at Reaper minis. There are 2 fantasy miniature lines going but only one is usable with the Warlord rules?

I understand that the DHL are more of a generic line but I don't understand why they are not all standardized to be used with the ruleset they publish. Seems like a waste of a marketing opportunity to me.

Why not incorporate DHL into Warlord? (aside from the handful they currently have)

We already do incorporate the DHL line into Warlord - by allowing players to use any DHL mini to represent any Warlord mini (except the Warlords themselves).

Here is our Official Proxy rules: http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25000

Most of the DHL line are variations on a theme, so there would be no reason to make Warlord Datacards for every DHL mini (I can't begin to imagine how I would make 50+ unique datacards for an Orc Warrior :wacko: )

With ~400 unique data cards, I can't imagine you'll find too many DHL models that don't have a datacard that's already pretty darn close to what we would make it look like anyway. ::):

The DHL line is older and is a more generic line which I personally use for role playing. I like that I can open the package, slap some paint on, and plop the results on the table without having to worry about a base. Also, I've been reluctant in teh past to buy a mini that is from a 'game' line of miniatures. I just don't think to look there as much as I think to look through a generic line of minis that I see as role playing figs. Just my opinion for what it's worth. I suppose different marketing strategies work for different groups of people.

Reaper's liberal proxy rules make incorporating DHL into Warlord quite easy, for those who want to do so.

There are some other differences not already mentioned -

- Warlord figures come with a tab and plastic type standard base, while the DHL ones are usually intergral.

- The DHL ones are more often single piece models, while the Warlord ones are more often multi-piece models.

It's really no different than GW having seperate figure lines for Necromunda and 40k, or WFB and Mordheim.