Watchmen Trailer

kit

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never read Watchmen but that looks very cool.

I'm the same, but then again I fell out of comics around the time they came along. Now thanks to my son getting interested in superheroes & such (superfriends, JL, JLU on Boomerang, Heroclix minis), I'm starting to get back into them. I may have to read the book before I see the movie.

RM

I was into comics, but very few graphic novels and TPBs - between '87 and maybe '92. I heard of the title, but that was about all; no recommendations or reviews, that I can recall. Still, after watching that trailer, I definitely want to read it and then go see the movie. Looks seriously good.

Seriously, though... go find a copy - It's deep. One of the great classic graphic novels.

Not just great graphic novels -- one of the great novels, period. I'm just killing a couple minutes before leaving work so I don't have time to search for the source list, but I know that a few years back, Time magazine did a list of the 100 greatest novels ever written, and "Watchmen" made the list -- probably goes without saying that it was the only comic-form writing to do so.

The trailer looks incredible; I think Zach Snyder may have actually gotten it right. Alan Moore is never going to actually endorse a movie of any of his work, but I'd read that Snyder's working from a script that Moore was said to have called the best potential version of a "Watchmen" script he'd seen. And Dave Gibbons apparently went on record as being on board with this movie, too.