Sign in to follow this  
vejlin

space ship lines

Iron Wind Metals is supposed to be bringing the Babylon 5-A Call to Arms minis back in production, and supposedly the Fleet Action scale minis with it if that tickles your fancy at all.

I'm not sure what 'fleet scale' is defined as, but IMHO, Ground Zero Games has some of the bestest generic space fleets out there. And if you're looking for a rules set, I believe their (fantastic) Full Thrust rules are now a free download.

yeah just the minis, it is for A Sky Full of Ships. And by fleet scale I mean "smaller than most of the stuff out there". I agree the GZG has awesome minis (especially the new style ones) and living in europe they're also very affordable. If all else fails FT ships is what I'll be using I'll just stick to the smaller models (using a frigate to model a light cruiser for instance).

while Full Thrust IS fun I'd like to try something that handles bigger fleets more fluidly. This is where FT fails IMO. It's great that GZG sells mega fleets with 26 ships for 50 pounds but if my average game only sees me fielding 6-10 ships then this is largely wasted. I'd like to actually field 26+ ships per side and finish in an evening....

Iron Wind Metals is supposed to be bringing the Babylon 5-A Call to Arms minis back in production, and supposedly the Fleet Action scale minis with it if that tickles your fancy at all.

Nice, I'll be keeping an eye of for these. Where can I read about this?

Edited by vejlin

Yeah, he's got lots of really cool fighters. Tie fighters and X-wings and Galactica stuff and lots of other good stuff.