Sign in to follow this  
wurzel

My new Dark Angel

post-4375-1217056107_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Well I'm at it again, no standard pose is good enough. I was going to post more pics but this one should do. I cut his katanas from brass strip and his cape is a piece of plastic which I heated and bent to get the right wave as well as cutting in the tight folds with a scapel (don't know if that's visible in the pic). Let me know what you think.

One word can describe this properly: Epic. And you must now name him Jack, "Samurai Jack of the Dark Angels".

I was thinking of doing this to a Tau Etherial, I have one I'm going to give a patty hat to made from the top of a gun drone. (I'm stealing the idea from a co-worker)

One word can describe this properly: Epic. And you must now name him Jack, "Samurai Jack of the Dark Angels".

I was thinking of doing this to a Tau Etherial, I have one I'm going to give a patty hat to made from the top of a gun drone. (I'm stealing the idea from a co-worker)

Jack?

Jack?

It's a reference to a cartoon called Samurai Jack. It's was a really cool show, if you look it up on youtube you'll more than likely find millions of clips from it.

Jack?

It's a reference to a cartoon called Samurai Jack. It's was a really cool show, if you look it up on youtube you'll more than likely find millions of clips from it.

Just checked youtube, fair enough. I think the name will stick.

post-4375-1217578713_thumb.jpg

post-4375-1217578801_thumb.jpg

post-4375-1217578866_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Just an update. He's nearly finished, I just have to do some more detail painting and do up the base. If you're wondering why the swords are gold, it's because when I made them out of the brass and fitted them I liked the look so decided to paint them in the same manner, you can come up with some futuristic alloy name for it if you like, points will be awarded :)

Well I've gotten around to taking a pic of him completed, I'll be posting it in Show Off soon. I like the name for the swords Tombwalker, if there are no other suggestions to consider it will stay. I was thinking of entering this one in the local Golden Demon, not that he would win but it might be fun to show off a bit.