Sign in to follow this  
cornbread

Master series paint skin colors guide

I was looking for the examples of skin triads that used to be located in the painted gallery. Since the painted section was updated to remove all the seperate "folders" the skin paint folder went away.

Anyone know where it went to?

CB

Hmmm. I don't recall there ever being examples of the skin triads in the painted gallery. There was the Mugshots gallery, which contained different takes on how to paint dark elf skin, but those did not necessarily use triads. ::):

There was a Casketworks article which gave examples of each of the first five skin triads on Jade Dancing Girl...for that article, you could look in the Casketworks archive here on the site. I don't remember offhand which issue but it was probably around two and a half, three years ago when I was first working on the MSP's...wow, time flies. ::):

--Anne

That was in a casketworks?? The way my mind works...........

I guess I was thinking about the mugshots section.

Thanks

CB

No problem! When you figure out what issue it was, could you post that on here for everyone? I would be able to look it up, but Ed stole my Casketworks collection a while ago and sold it on eBay. <grumble grumble> I swear, working here sometimes is like leaving your parents behind with all the stuff in your room when you go off to college, except here, you don't actually get to leave. ::P:<_<:lol:

--Anne ::D:

Interesting. THe articles in CW18 talk about reaper producing basing items.

Is that still in the works?

As far as I know, the basing materials project was shelved, perhaps indefinitely; it just wasn't feasible from a production standpoint, as I recall, though I could be recalling wrong--that was a LONG time ago! :lol:

--Anne

Try looking for Skintone Mugshots using the search. This was in the gallery at one time and shows several different takes on dark elf skin tones and at least one elf. Also, check out Jubilant Creations paintin tanned flesh nd dark flesh tutorials. Paintrix also has some useful tutorials. I believe they both use Reaper triads. Hope this helps.

-Wesley