Is Apple Barrell Paint any good?

sam500

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I try to airbrush it my brush get horribly clogged, both with external siphon feed and internal gravity fed brushes. Otherwise I've had relatively good paint jobs for gaming done with Apple Barrel paints. My the older pictures in my photobucket gallery (to be specific, everything on page 4 and the Kahn and below on page 3) and the 40k minis there were all painted with Apple Barrel. That said, getting paints designed for use on minis makes painting them so much easier. Can't wait to the new ProPaints I ordered last night.

Apple Barrel's fairly comparable to most of the other Craft paints. The Delta Ceramcoats are better, but for the price, AB ain't so bad, particularly for larger projects like terrain.

Delta makes an Acrylic Thinner that works pretty well on the AB paints - it's not going to thin as well as MSP with water, but using the thinner with the AB (or most other craft paints) is far better than trying to thin them with water. I've never tried airbrushing the craft paints, so I can't help you there.