Dark elf

Jabberwocky

I recently painted this one up for a contest at one of our local game stores and managed to nab 3rd. I think it was sculpted locally. Comments and critiques welcome as always; give me both barrels ::):. Many, many thanks to Lunchbox for his guidance on this one!

DarkelfComp.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice dark elf, there. I see the cult of purple and teal have scored a victory (Jen and Meg would be proud <_< ). Its a simple but nice sculpt and the colors are a nice compliment. The base is extremely well done. Nice piece of work you have there. The compitition must have been pretty tough if you only nabbed 3rd.

Thanks everyone! The base was made from cork for the steps, a bit greenstuff for the spider, a Reaper skellie that was sacrificed, and some cotton balls that were finely teased apart for the webs. The competition was good--in fact, Maltique I believe scored 2nd in the comp with her entry. I didn't realize it until I was browsing the WIP section and saw it.

Thanks everyone! The base was made from cork for the steps, a bit greenstuff for the spider, a Reaper skellie that was sacrificed, and some cotton balls that were finely teased apart for the webs. The competition was good--in fact, Maltique I believe scored 2nd in the comp with her entry. I didn't realize it until I was browsing the WIP section and saw it.

Great tip on how to make the spider web!

Thanks for sharing