Master Series Fair Skin Triad

Phasm

I finally got a couple Skin Triads, the Fair and Medium. Medium looks awesome, can't wait to play with it. But the Fair... what the heck? Even when I look really, really hard, I cannot distinguish a color difference between my Fair Skin and Fair Shadow. Shaking made no difference. I dropped some paint onto my palette, drew it out into lines with a brush... even when thinned out this way, they still look the same. About one shade lighter than the Highlight. Is the Fair Shadow really supposed to be this light?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reaper User

Hmmm. When you drop 'em into your palette you should notice a difference for sure. You may have gotten a mis-labeled paint. To check for sure, squeeze out one drop of the Fair Shadow, and then one drop of the Fair Skin, so they are overlapping. You should be able to see a marked difference. Double so if you paint two stripes, one of each color, on a piece of paper and let them dry. If you do these tests and they are still the same then you have gotten a mis-labeled paint and should contact customer service for a replacement (probably will have to replace both, if we can't figure out which one is actually mis-labled).

Let me know how it goes! I will try to keep an eye on this thread.

--Anne, madly prepping for Gen Con

Make sure to shake up your paints before using them. I know it's simple, but if they've sat too long and settled out too much, that can make a difference in color, though you should notice a difference in consistancy as well.

The only complaint that I can think of is that the fair shadow that I gat is really thin. I mean it takes 2-3 coats to get even color. But with mine there is a difference, you may have gotten a mislabeled paint by mistake, stuff like that always happens.

I never even thought that could be why my triad seemed so close together. I assumed it was because being lighter it would be less noticeable.

Oh well, too late now. I already "fixed" 'em.

By which I mean I had a brilliant idea that really wasn't so brilliant and now I use them to paint shoes.

*cough*

Oh well, live and don't learn! It's the Buglips creed. ^_^

Wow, talk about customer service! I emailed them yesterday describing the issue, and got an email back just now. Customer Service Lady (Kaitlyn somebody) said that it definitely sounded like mislabeled paint and she was going to send me a new triad free. I thanked her and offered to send my mislabeled paint(s) back anyway, so Reaper can check bottle numbers or whatnot. See if any other paints in that batch were mislabeled.

Now THIS is customer service. Screwups happen to the best of us; what shows character is how somebody deals with them. Vaitalla, you and the other folks at Reaper rock!

Kaitlyn Somebody is Kaitlyn Clark aka ReaperBlackWidow and one of the nicest folks on the planet (and will kick and/or hug ReaperBryan if you ask her to). Gotta be one of my favorite Reaper Peeps ::D:

I'm just thankful that my triads have all been properly labeled, so haven't had any issues paint-wise yet aside from some bad batches that I found a rather creative use for (one day I'll take pictures of the coffee table that got painted with those...).

The only complaint that I can think of is that the fair shadow that I gat is really thin. I mean it takes 2-3 coats to get even color. But with mine there is a difference, you may have gotten a mislabeled paint by mistake, stuff like that always happens.

Keep in mind though, the RMS line is designed for painters that slowly build color for the smoothest results. There is a learning curve to the RMS paints, but once you overcome that, they are the best (IMO). Id say try thinning it more, and adding 10 coats; especially with skin, because you want ot create depth.