Well... this could suck...

Helltown

Let's begin with the cast of the original movie. While not the original cast of of the play it was based it, the original cast cannot be reconfigured. Susan Sarandon HATED her role. And who's going to play Frankenfurter? Johnny Depp? That would mean they'd have to get Burton to direct.

Who would get the part of Brad? Tobey Maguire?

And can you imagine anyone but Meat Loaf as Eddie? I mean, come on! The double entendre when they sit down to eat and they ask where he is is priceless. I laugh at that every time and ask someone to pass the meatloaf!

Then who would play Riff Raff? Can anyone else pull off the banana hair ponytail at the end?

Even the original creator is bashing the idea!

And it's not a theatre movie. Apparently MTV is making it for TV! MTV is going to get their derrier handed to them when this tanks big time.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And it's not a theatre movie. Apparently MTV is making it for TV! MTV is going to get their derrier handed to them when this tanks big time.

Oh, I must have missed that. A TV movie is an even stupider idea. They'll have good ratings for the first half hour at least I'll bet, though.

This is a profoundly idiotic idea. A TV movie? Who'd want to throw toasts and rice and spray water all over by themselves in their own living room? And what is RH without that I ask you? And IF I wanted to mess up my own home I could do it perfectly well to the old movie. Perhaps they are just planning for it to be a pilot for the "Rocky Horror TV show"....

All this time I thought I was the only one rolling my eyes over the endless rehash/recycle/regurgitate/remake fest that's been going on this decade.

I'm sick of CGI.

I'm sick of re-makes.

I'm sick of Lucas and Spielberg.

I wasn't a huge fan of LoTR when it came out. Mostly because it was so overhyped. I cam back to it after the commercial furor died down (and there was no more Frodo Cola on the shelves).

I've revised my opinion. I think that trilogy was the high water mark of the 00's. Well, maybe excepting The Dark Knight. I haven't seen that yet, but all indications are that it's pretty awesome.

I think there's been some good flicks that were way underrated. The Mist comes to mind. It was a pretty neat adaptation of the mini-novel, it had some cool Lovecraftian beasties, and a killer classic horror/twilight zone ending. Put in context, I think it's a pretty awesome film.

I was actually considering filmmaking as a career for a long time, but when I saw where the industry was headed I got so sick to my stomach I wanted no part of it. Mebbe I should've. You'd have to work pretty hard to be worse than what's out there glutting up the cinemas.

focusing on what the theatre's would do: the one's with RH fans might find a way to sacrifice the theatre but the one's that don't "get it" will certainly have problems. I've been to several shows that had security personnel that were quite unaware of what RH was about. The worst was when the officer started throwing folks off the stage that was in front of (but below) the screen. It almost turned into a riot...

Of course, this was in Denton, TX (home of happiness) that this occurred...

The only remake of it I fully endorse was the RH vs Priscilla, Queen of the Desert battle opener on the Drew Carey Show. I don't like a lot of Drew Carey, but I thought it was pretty darned great.

I have to say that was a pretty good scene...