Sign in to follow this  
jadeking

Whats the future of Warlord?

I have thought about beginning with Warlord, but I can see that many of the miniatures are being discontinued now. Does this mean the game is dead, or just being reworked? Is there a new rulebook coming, and will you be able to use the current figures in the future?

As I am not a Reaper employee, I cannot answer any questions related to books and such, but I can at least respond on the first half of your query.

You say that many of the miniatures are being discontinued. Only 2 models at this point have been removed the general circulation, and even then if you have them, they are still legal in the game. So, not sure where you heard that many of the models were dropping.

I will let a Reaper employee handle any actual Reaper related questions..

The DHL line from Reaper does go through a periodic removal of miniatures from the catalog but the Warlord line does not. The occassional figure has been discontinued but it looks like 99% of the miniatures are still in production for Warlord.

The only Warlord figures that have been discontinued were either done so before the game was launched and so never had datacards, or have had their individual models re-incorporated into new product numbers.

Not a Reaper employee either, but I know this.

Um. A sorceress, Jana the Wanderer and someone who looked like a slave-gladiator version of Dirk the Daring. I think.

Once again, not a Reaper Employee, and I didn't actually look up the models just now.

I was just looking at the Miniature-Giant website, where they have a lot of models listed as discontinued. Among others the wonderful Reptus figures which I really like. It clearly says they are no longer manufactured, but I can understand that this is not true then?

Do you have some links for us?

Miniature giant has 3 packs of models discontinued, which is technically correct as reaper no longer packages soldier models in 3 packs. The models in the three packs are available in the new army packs ( usually 8 or 9 depending on the model) and through direct order from reaper if you just want one of each pose. (I think you can call and IIRC ask for Kaitlyn(sp?))

Also some local stores still carry the three packs, as well as weapon packs. All the other models are still available from

Reaper though.

I'm not a Reaper employee either, but my understanding is:

• The Krung Beast is no longer in production (for general distribution) as of last year, but it is still available for order from Reaper and is still a legal model for play. There were a couple of other ones removed from general distribution, but they are also still available direct from Reaper and are still legal for play.

• The boxed sets (other than the deluxe starter) have been discontinued (and are no longer available except from dealer remaining stock), but all of the minis are still available individually and legal for play.

• The 2 and 3 packs of minis (2 or 3 different poses of the same model) have been discontinued (and are no longer available except from dealer remaining stock), but the minis are now available as a single pack (one pose of each set) or as an 8-10 pack of minis (with 2-3 poses for each model).

Ron

Krung Beast and the Reven Warbeast were the discontinued models. But are still available via the Asylum.

In RC Chronicles, Janna the Wanderer, Ellandria (mispelled on the data card Elaandria) and Arganox (mispelled on the data card Argonox) got Data Cards:

Janna is a Mercenary Hero of the Blade Sisters.

Arganox is a Mercenary Rogue of the Sinhan.

Ellandria is a Mercenary Mage of the Hanged Men.

Edited by Qwyksilver

...I am not a Reaper employee...

...Not a Reaper employee...

I'm not a Reaper employee either...

I'm not a Reaper employee, but because I am a Dwarf player, I am superior to everyone else and thus sound like a Reaper employee. :devil:

:lol:

::P:

Wild Bill :blues: