Zvenda Sci-Fi Sources

Joe Kutz

http://zv-desant.ru/

I haven't had much success with tracking down a supplier in this hemisphere - anyone know of a place that stocks them? Dragon USA says they can order them, but coming on the slow boat from Russia...via their supplier in Italy (who also doesn't maintain a stock of them) it would take somewhere around 3 months to get in through the various customs and other checkpoints.

Some of the gallery pictures look pretty interesting (the crab tank thing especially). Others look a bit...off...though that might just be the way they were assembled. Either way, I'd like to see them in person.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No luck on a local distributor. Zvezda (note: not Zvenda) is repped by Italeri, who is repped in the US by MRC. I couldn't find it on either the Italeri or MRC website.

Just in case it's useful, it seems that the biotank "Зверь" (which Google translates as "Beast") was designed for a new game called, "Звездный десант". Google translates this as "Starry Desant"("Descent from the Stars" perhaps?).

Edit: IIRC, "desantniki" are airborne troops, so maybe "Paratroopers from the Stars", instead. (Russian isn't a language I know much about.)

As far as I can tell, it's brand new, so you might need to wait a bit before anybody picks it up.

Sorry that wasn't more helpful.

This stuff has been out for AT LEAST a year, maybe more. So its not exactly brand new. Unfortunately, there are no mail-order companies I know of from Russia that have english language websites, so no luck there.

Personally, I don't find this a great loss. I think the figures are ugly myself...

Damon.

There's an eBay guy I use to get HTF zvesda kits only available in the Russian area. tamag147 is their name. They're in Ukraine.

They ship fast n' cheap (about 2 weeks mailing time, prices about what it costs to ship US-Canada) and pretty much specialize in zvesda. If you're on eBay, ask them about it.

Yeah, I have been watching it for about a year (I think last November or December was when I first saw them) now hoping to see a flyer from one of the larger US suppliers (or at the very least western European) who deal with them.

I may have to break down and order from one of the other suppliers though (there is a Czech model shop that I deal with somewhat often that can probably get them if they don't carry them already).

BTW - the one English add that I had seen for them...I think they were called Star Rangers or something along those lines.

http://www.zv-desant.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10 - Thread which contains peoples WIPs and finished models.

http://www.zv-desant.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4 - Most importantly, detail shots of the sprues and what not - as well as conversions and similar user submitted projects.