Galadriel

olliekickflip

Hey everyone, its been a while since I posted anything and boy do I have a lot of minis to post in the next few days! All of it utter crap!:P Anyways, this is my version of Galadriel. I painted her up for GDLA and she got an HM or something like that. Here is the votey link:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/200161

...and a couple extra pics are here including the shot with the plinth. I'm finding that yellow shaded with purple is my favorite thing to do these days so look out for more where this came from:D Anyways comments are alwasy welcome...thanks for lookin!

GaladFrt.jpg

Galadlt.jpg

Galadbkrt.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, its been a while since I posted anything and boy do I have a lot of minis to post in the next few days! All of it utter crap!:P

Heh, maybe in a multiple-demon-sort-of-way crap!

Congrats on a successful outing this year ::D:

A wonderful piece, A. Love the silky smooth transitions on the robe. Which purple did you use to shade with?

Thanks for the comments! I appreciate them!!!

The colors for the cloak were mouldy ochre (P3) and Liche Purple (GW) I also used some Bestial Brown and Dark Flesh (both GW paints) as well. Keep your browns in the orange or red family and use a nice strong purple color and you should be fine.

The highlights were just mixing in Menoth White Highlight (P3) and white to the mouldy ochre.

The banners are milliput rolled out really thin and then put ont he plinth....I then dab them with steel wool or foam to get the tectured surface. It was easier than it looks.

Thanks for the reply Ollie. However, I was asking about the names you put on the base. How are these done? They really finish off the mini.

Oh, ok....for the lettering I drew two parallel lines with a pencil which was a bit of a challenge. That was my guide for the letters. I looked through a calligraphy book at different text styles and I think made a mix of a couple different styles. Then I just used my 0/3 Raphael brush and carefully painted the letters on. When I was finished I took some of the color I had mixed for the banner itself (it was still wet as I'm using a wet pallet) and painted over the pencil lines.

Hope that helps!

It does really "finish" the model off nicely...of course now I cant use that plinth for anything else. I guess that is good news for Jeff over at Dragonforge...more orders for him!!

Luminous. I like the way the colors and values rise from cool/dark at the bottom to warm/light at the top, drawing the eye up to her face. Do you have (i.e. could you shoot and post) a closeup of her face? So is this a "sunrise" or "sunset" Galadriel, saying "hello" or "goodbye"? :;):

Derek