Nooby questions from a very-beginner

demi_morgana

thanks for the tactical tip - I hope to use if as soon as I build some buildings (still searching for quick and effective method for making such terrain <_< )

last evening I had a pleasure to play CAV once again with almost 100% painted force (there's still infantry left to cover with paint); during the game we had some doubts once again so maybe You could help in solving it:

during last game there was a (terrifying for me :angry: ) situation when 3 despots hidden in wood were attacking my centurion (all in all it was torn to pieces but it took them 3 rounds to turn it into smoking pile of junk) but the question is about applying damages to models:

I know that all models in section attack at the same time so if for example 3 despots decide to hit my undamaged CAV they all have to roll against my max DV right? or maybe if the first attacking tank inflicts any damages, other attacker roll against reduced DV?

the first version is much more realistic for me but in he middle of the game we started wondering :blush:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All fire from the section and defensive fire occurs before any damage is applied.

As for buildings, check out these links:

Heavy Gear Resources page: http://www.dp9.com/Funhouse/Aids_HG.htm (Look at the Paper Terranovan Scenery links)

Germs World: http://www.minigerm.com/ (Fantastic stuff, but the scale is a bit small. Still works if you not super picky.)

Microtactix.com: http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?pro...6&it=1& (You have to pay $9 for the download, but nice stuff)

There may be some more paper buildings available, but along with some home made designs, these are the ones I use.

Castlebuilder

thanks for links - I'll try to use some of these when I start bringing to life fortifications project ::):

and here's another question confirming my noob-y-ness :blush:

in basic rulebook I read that templars can choose between 2 army spec. rules: less limited sections construction or bonus points to spend on vehicles' upgrades but in errata there was only one spec. rule clarified: does it mean I can't choose bonus points now of just that rule was clear enough so there was no need of clarification?

thanks for links - I'll try to use some of these when I start bringing to life fortifications project ::):

and here's another question confirming my noob-y-ness :blush:

in basic rulebook I read that templars can choose between 2 army spec. rules: less limited sections construction or bonus points to spend on vehicles' upgrades but in errata there was only one spec. rule clarified: does it mean I can't choose bonus points now of just that rule was clear enough so there was no need of clarification?

The rule was clear enough not to be fixed. There are a few of the build options that didn't get errata'd. If it isn't in the errata document, it plays exactly as the book reads. FYI - there are new doctrines for all the factrions, including Mercs, in the Mil-Net book, War For Sale, as well as a bunch of new stat cards (that you use existing models for) and some new army lists in there.

ok, another one :unsure:

I want to build some terrains for new game table and want to add some features high enough so flyers can gide behind;

the question is: how high gunships fly? over 3" so cannot hide behind smoke strike? or it's just a matter of what we establish before starting the game?

ok, another question:

can infantry (upgraded with FIST of couse) call air strikes from transport vehicles? or maybe have to remain outside to I don't know... to provide clearer signal to their gps-gizmos? :wacko:

I've just made up really mad plan of inventry hovering over the battlefield and releasing hell on enemy units before my main forces get close enough to hit hard :blues:

reading about excalibur weapon system was pretty interesting!

As much as the Army likes to blow their own stuff up, nothing really beats a precision air strike from the Air force.......

Mike

Yup, they're great at blowing up the Army's stuff, of course if you want to blow up the OTHER guy's stuff you need to find the Navy or, better, the Marines air power.... :devil:

Sorry, sethoman, I had to say it. ::D:

DRG

OOOOHRAH +1 The only Air Force Bird i ever got excited to see besides BUFF was the A-10 Warthog... f-16's and 15s are nice but they don't really have the werewithawl to mix it up in Close Air Support... as far as the BUFF hey, anything that can drop THAT many bombs etc is awesome.... yes when i was in the corps they did a actual 3 ship arclite demo for us my posistion was about a mile away and we could still FEEL the impact of the ordance...

castlebuilder FYI this link

Heavy Gear Resources page: http://www.dp9.com/Funhouse/Aids_HG.htm (Look at the Paper Terranovan Scenery links)

no longer valid.. went to both the links they show but no product matching your discription

about the only link that showed buildings is the last one... (9.00 download)

castlebuilder FYI this link

no longer valid.. went to both the links they show but no product matching your discription

about the only link that showed buildings is the last one... (9.00 download)

Realize its an old post, but the DP9 stuff is available on their site (www.dp9.com) under downloads. Full page link is http://www.dp9.com/index.php?option=com_jo...&Itemid=166