03314: Angel of Radiance

Versutus Vulpes

Thanks for the blow-up of the face. Yes, it's much better, and I think it shows off what a great job you did, since I can hardly detect any of the flaws you complain about, even with the higher resolution, which usually destroys the loveliness of hours and hours of painting and eyestrain and hand cramping that you went through to get there.

I love it!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The wings are incredible! Not that the rest is anything to sneeze at either... But as far as the wings go, did you use any reference photos? I'm guessing you probably did, 'cause you really nailed them. I checked some pictures of red-winged hawk wings, and yup, this is pretty much exactly what they look like.

Somebody posted this link to an extensive collection of bird wing images several months ago, in case that's useful to anyone who's feeling inspired by this piece. I bookmarked it so I could find it again whenever I finally decide it's time to paint my owlbear mini...

Kang

The wings are incredible! Not that the rest is anything to sneeze at either... But as far as the wings go, did you use any reference photos? I'm guessing you probably did, 'cause you really nailed them. I checked some pictures of red-winged hawk wings, and yup, this is pretty much exactly what they look like.

I just used Google Image Search and went digging for a bit. The actual Hawk wings have red carried over onto the fronts - and I thought it would be a bit over the top. But otherwise I tried to go for as close as I could manage before running out of feathers.

Again - thanks to all for the comments. Makes a guy feel all warm and fuzzy like :blush: .