Crouching Assassin

Citrine

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the cloak looks really nice overall, but in the front that bright green shirt really distracts from the "dark" feel. I think a darker, drabber color would look better. Maybe a blue-grey, or an ocean green-grey would tie in better with the blue pants and dark blue-green of the cloak.

I also really like the cloak. One thing I noticed with the green shirt is that your highlights are even all around the arm. They should be concentrated on the top of the arm, where light is most likely to hit it, and there should be very few on the bottom of the arm or deep inside the cloak. I'd probalby also add a tiny bit of the cloak blue to the top and edge of the hood to help focus the eye on the head (which is the natural focus).

I've got to agree with the others in that a dark green wash/glaze over his shirt would darken it down a bit and emphazise the recesses. I think it'd be pretty close to high tabletop at that point.

As far as an exercise in dark cloak painting, I think this really succeeds. The highlights seem to be in all the right places (I can never seem to manage this), and the overall impression of black is there.

Thank you for the hints and suggestions. I had originally painted the hood grey, and that really didnt turn out, so I redid it with the same green as the cloak. I also darkened his shirt a bit, and I really think it helped a bunch. ::D:

Not sure you can really tell from this picture though ::P:

post-4115-1223004552.jpg