Back from the dead

murakumo

Here is the first miniature I have posted up on here in months...

Not that i haven;t been painting... just haven;t had a good enough light box solution up until today... finally broke down and made my own with about 46 cents worth of posterboard and cardboard.

03238: Netheris, Evil Cleric

post-4311-1223528006_thumb.jpg

As always opinions and comments greatly appreciated.

Wes.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two bits of constructive criticism if I may. First I think there are too many colors in there, it seems to be pulling my eyes in too many directions. Second, the base is good, but I would add some maxed gravel to the open parts between the blocks and the top of the base. It would make it look more natural.

While you used too many colors, I must say that you did apply them well in so far as there are no brush marks ect.

It looks like you did the eyes! Nice work. Your colors are looking smoother than before. And your Brush controlhas definitely improved.

Nice to see you back again. Keep up the work.

Yeah i got tired of my lizardmen armies looking like they were all half blind.... so I have been slowly studying how to do eye color and eyes on miniatures.

Thank you everyone who commented. I appreciate it *waves* I should have some more reaper stuff up soon.

quick suggestion on the lightbox - if you have white or light gray spray on primer or spray paint (matte, not gloss) you may want to spray the inside of the light box lightly.

As far as the model, I've noticed most of the pro painters have 3 main colors, or even 2, and an accent color. Like Red, Green, and gold. Or Blue and purple and silver, or similar. I think a more limited color palate would help out, but you're defnitely improving!