Post-Apoc Auto-Dueling

bobapple

Some friends and I have been gearing up to play some Dystopic Future Auto-Dueling/RPGing using the Savage Worlds rules.

We've come up some modifications to the Vehicle rules and have run a few playtests. This Saturday we will have the first Race/Battle for the new campaign.

You can check out what we are doing here:

http://wlinenm.bofthebb.com/

We are converting up die-cast cars to use in the game. There are pictures of a few of the vehicles we have converted up in the Gallery section. I hope to post some more pictures after Saturday's game.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job, though it needs more '70s muscle cars!

With the whole peak gas theory, shouldn't all of the vehicles be diesel fueled VW's or, even better, solar vehicles?

That's why in the Road Warrior everyone was scavenging for gas...they were to macho to go for a hybrid!

Damon.

OK, short aside. When I was in High School, one of my friends had a '70s diesel Mercedes, with shift on the column. We used to go off-campus for lunch as a privlege. Well, one day we were driving back to school and...

Me: "Karl, we're late! Step on it!"

Karl (while an 18 wheeler is passing us): "I am!"

Damon, guess you had to be there...

Doubt it. Check out Kaneda's bike. 50mpg probably not. There was a story recently, involving rising gas prices, when a guy stopped driving his 14mpg SUV and switched to a monster 28mpg motorcycle...

Damon.

That's pretty much what I did, only my bike gets about 48mpg and my truck isn't nearly that bad on fuel economy.

Its hard to look tough driving a diesel VW beetle.

Even if it's painted flat black and has machine guns mounted on it?

maybe they could pull an akira and just ride bikes (50 mpg...)

From one of the authorities:

Not even a professionally customized VW can mount much stuff.

And on top of everything else, you'd think he'd had the sense to shy off that kind of an argument? He had Driver's Training! Who ever heard of a VW disputing position with a Cad - a Marauder, no less!

* From "Why Johnny Can't Speed."

What Line are the Character figures from, and where did you manage to score cars to the proper scale?

(We've been talking about doing something like this for a long time.)

The figs are from various places (Void, Shadowrun, Gangs of Megacity).

The cars are all die-cast toys (usually 1/43 - 1/50 scale). Technically they are mostly too large, but look good with the figs.