Sign in to follow this  
bettagirl

Rare Treasures

Rare.jpg

I'm hoping that someone, anyone can give me any or all info on these.

The "figure finder" was no help at all.

They are...

1104: Gold Dragon

1106: Green Dragon

And yes, I did buy them!

Those are ancient. Pre-DHL days and everything.

They have been OOP for quite some time now.

Ancient is right. These ain't in the figure finder. That would have required me to know of their existence. :;):

Great find, begging the question, do you pop them out of the blister, clean them up and paint them, or do you leave them in the packaging in the hopes of one day selling them in your retirement? Zoiks!!

Great find, begging the question, do you pop them out of the blister, clean them up and paint them, or do you leave them in the packaging in the hopes of one day selling them in your retirement? Zoiks!!

Tell me about it! I've been fighting the urge to open them!

Well, I can't help you there, only being the lil' devil on your shoulder saying "open them. you deserve it. they need a good home, where they'll be painted and loved." DO IT!!

I have the gold dragon somewhere. My dad bought it for me when I was in second or third grade I think. Some where around 1982 or 1983 maybe. Never painted it but it's in pieces. Very cool miniature though. Mine was not Reaper obviously, but I don't recall who made it.

I agree with Froggy. Paint 'em.

Someday I'll even get my Druid's Stone set all assembled and painted.

Rare.jpg

I'm hoping that someone, anyone can give me any or all info on these.

The "figure finder" was no help at all.

They are...

1104: Gold Dragon

1106: Green Dragon

And yes, I did buy them!

The Gold Dragon is from the Heritage Dragon 6 Pack release. The Green is from the Heritage Dungeon Dweller line.

We purchased the IP of a LOT of Heritage stuff back in the day. It was all we could afford at the time. Those early lines were not even 'named' and were simply refered by us as the 1200s or 1400 etc.

We added several new Heritage style models to the lines at the time. As mentioned in an earlier post, the Mouslings and Ratlings. Other additions were the Smegans, and the Dwarves of the Empire.

Several years ago we sold the Dungeon Dwellers to GFI (Minifig USA). We have also pushed/released several Heritage games into public domain and there are websites that support then.

Btw that was our FIRST ever blister card design.

Good find as they appear to be in great condition!

Best

Ed

The memories of those old Heritage Dungeon Dwellers. Good times. Sculpting and casting have come a long way from those days, but I fondly recall gaming with them, and hate hearing someone half my age dis them as inferior sculpts. I wonder how many sculptors in the Reaper Figure Finder cut their teeth on that line?

Good find. I'll have to check out MiniFigs again and see if they still have some of those dragons. I might even pick up a few long since disappeared.

The gold dragon sculpt look svery much like an old McEwan miniatures dragon sculpt from the late 70's. I have two from way back in the day. They were the best looking dragon sculpt around in those days, at least our group felt so. I wonder if Heritage bought the rights to them from McEwan? When I got back into the hobby in the late 90's I tried to find more of them, but McEwan had been out of business for a long time by then.

Regardless, that's a very nice find. And I must side with those who urge you to rip it open and put it together!