skeletal catapult

Shadowdragon

Does anyone know how to assemble the skeletal catapult (03209)? I can't seem to find any tabs of slots or pegs or anything that shows how the pieces go together. I have an idea of what the thing is supposed to look like when assembled, but the pieces don't seem to fit together properly. Does anyone have a guide, or pictures, or something that shows how the pieces are supposed to go together?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, that's the one. From the picture I can kind of see where all the pieces go, however there is one small piece I can't see in the picture (I think it's the part the catapult basket rests on), and I can't really see where all the pieces are supposed to attach to each other. The pieces I'm having the most trouble with are the catapult arm (I don't know where it attaches to the side supports) and that small piece that the basket rests on (I don't know where it's supposed to go at the back of the catapult, if that's even where it's supposed to go).

• Reaper User
I thought we had an exploded view somewhere around here. When I get to the office on Monday, I'll ask around.

Kit, if we have the blow out it is under part number 10004 boxed set Dragon Bone Catapult.

That said, it really doesn't show you well enough anyhow...

So, the swing arm goes to the front of the chassis. The front of the chassis is the end with the one-way gears.

The small bit you are referring to is the part that stops the arm at the top of it's swing so it goes across the gap between the two uprights that attach to the top of the chassis. The uprights are the skinny bones with the big claw sticking out.

<I just assembled one myself! The small cross bit has a small bone that sticks out, this is what stops the swing of the arm so it should face the back of the chassis.>

I believe that in the picture that is in the on-line store, the catapult has been assembled incorrectly! In the photo the arm is glued where that small cross piece should be. I will get this fixed on Monday and try to get a better picture posted, one that shows more of the assembly along with the 3/4 side shot.

<I will have Bryan get picks from several angles so you can see how I put it together better.>

From the picture I can kind of see where all the pieces go, however there is one small piece I can't see in the picture (I think it's the part the catapult basket rests on), and I can't really see where all the pieces are supposed to attach to each other. The pieces I'm having the most trouble with are the catapult arm (I don't know where it attaches to the side supports) and that small piece that the basket rests on (I don't know where it's supposed to go at the back of the catapult, if that's even where it's supposed to go).

Y4hL2.jpg

This is how you put the arm

y47B7.jpg

Let me know if you need more pics of it :)