WoW minis?

haldir

Ok I've been under a rock when it comes to WoW stuff, but I seen these were gonna go on sale. Just a couple questions

Has anyone seen one in person, maybe a promo or something? I'm not a WoW fan per se. I do like the setting, I do like the look of the artwork & such, I just don't like the game.

I noticed they are on the Dark Age style bases (or at least the ones on the WoW mini site are), Are they gonna use that style?

I'm subscribed to the blizzard newsletter (mainly due to D3), but I eventually went to the home site for the minis. They look nice + nice to have a Tauren mini & such. Hope singles are cheap (probably with random booster stuff, just hope the "cool" minis aren't the ones that go for $$$$$$ & all the commons or uncommons are farmer minis or something similar, ha ha)

RM

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our local Game Store had something in and I was reminded of D&D minis, just different characters. WoW can put out just about anything and make money at this stage. I was dragged in by my son and I actually have fun with the online game and with the collectable card game. I'll probably get this one as well. Heck I bought Horrorclix, fun enough game (which I could never find anyone to play against) and great miniatures for RPGs.

yah I found out they are bigger then normal, not to keen on that idea, but if they make for better repaints then I'm all for it.

I noticed a couple of online retailers have singles for around 3.00 buck (a bit high for a common). So I might take a chance on a couple. Just need to see the entire listing first (pics).

RM

I'd just get them as I liked (& have always liked the look since Warcraft I came out) the look of the artwork.

Like I said I might take a chance at a couple singles & see how they are, sometime down the road. I just need to see what the entire line has in it (only have seen what is on Upper Deck's WoWmini page.)

thou I might buy a booster, as it has Wayne Reynolds' artwork on them, ha ha

RM

RM

I saw one in person at my FLGS; missed their opener event lastnight :(

The sculptures were nice and they seemed to be a harder plastic than a DDM. I don't care for their color schemes; very neon and high contrast (typical WoW color motifs.) Paintjob quality was about what I'd expect for a plastic mini but I'm not too picky.

Money talks and the rest walks; I'll buy them if they are as cheap or cheaper than other plastic minis.

I saw one in person at my FLGS; missed their opener event lastnight :(

The sculptures were nice and they seemed to be a harder plastic than a DDM. I don't care for their color schemes; very neon and high contrast (typical WoW color motifs.) Paintjob quality was about what I'd expect for a plastic mini but I'm not too picky.

Money talks and the rest walks; I'll buy them if they are as cheap or cheaper than other plastic minis.

I saw tham at a ocal con this last weekend and I agree completely. Not my cup of tea, but if they were cheap enough I would buy them

One of the card game sites has a spoiler list that only missing a figure or two. I'd have to be home to provide a link, but if I don't see it here by this evening I'll post it

The sculpts are very nice. Stylistically they're exactly what I'd expect from a game base on WoW. They've have even gotten some good marks from the die-hard "pre-paints are evil" crowd at the FLGS. They are big compared to D&D prepaints, but some of them are too cool not to use (the Bog Elemental comes to mind).

As far as the rules, I think they make for a fast, fun warband style game.

One of my sailors has a few on his monitor. The do seem harder than the DDMs and the paint jobs appear to be cleaner. I just saw a goblin riding a mech, some sort of water/ooze demon thingy, and what looked like a wolf man. Of course they all had different names, but as WOW hasn't gotten it's claws in me yet I don't know what they are. Still, I'd pick them up if I had a use for them.

I bought some and they are fine paint jobs. It is a bit spendy for me as we will probably not play the miniatures game. I have enough figures to play by purchasing the starter but I bought one expansion as well. We will test it but, much like Mage Knight, I think the game is not complicated enough. That's a bad way to say what I want to say but there it is, I like having more options and strategy with my miniatures.

These will be used in RPGs or as proxys in a tabletop game. If you are a WOW fan (which I am) they could also make great computer decorations.

The minis are okay, IMHO. You can paint over them if you want, but they suffer from being designed to be prepainted and mass-manufactured plastics, so the details on them are rather shallow. The upshot is that they're large and you can put a lot of non-modeled details on 'em if you want.

With regard to gameplay, I prefer to play something with more depth to the game. That's just my opinion though. This is not to say that I dislike the gameplay; it's a very /fast/ game and very easy to learn. I just prefer a game that requires a little more thinking is all.

Definitely something for fans of WoW to play at an internet cafe while they wait for patches and maintenance though. And I just like some of the designs that WoW has. I got my Voidwalker, so I'm plenty happy. :D