joshuaslater

White Whale Miniature.

My basement is a scary place, somewhere down there is a complete set of the Fineous Fingers miniatures too.

As one of the people who helped to fill that basement, let me just say that I approve of that message. :rolleyes:

(And I've got a set of Fineous Fingers minis somewhere in my own scary basement, too.)

I've always wanted to complete my collection of Dragonlance figures. (I've got 3 or 4, and I'm really torn about whether or not to strip my Laurana mini to repaint her, as she was one of the first minis I painted)

I'm sure I can get them on ebay, but I'm always so hesitant to buy stuff there.

For me lately, it has become less and less about minis that I can't find, and more about, "so, just how much am I willing to fork over it get it?" While I've tracked down most of the things that I want (and am working on second copies of some things), there are two that seem to keep slipping through my hands lately, tho. Both are Ral Parthas; the 11-series AD&D Erinye demoness (thought I had that one taken care of, then it turned out to be a Rawcliff copy when it arrived), and Shadamehr Encounters Baakesh Va (while the recast parts are all available from Dark Sword, I want an original).

Good luck to everyone in their searches.

~v

My basement is a scary place, somewhere down there is a complete set of the Fineous Fingers miniatures too.

Don't think of it that way; it's an adventure waiting to happen... :rolleyes:

I guess you could say mine is RCon I Sophie. That is the only RCON Sophie I don't have.

RM

Interesting topic. I just went to my FLGS yesterday after work. I should have printed this out and seen if he had any of these. Pat has quite a few old minis sitting around on the shelves. I did look for the Shire Dragon and the Psion Hunters. He had plenty of Psion impalers but no hunters. I'll keep a look out for you all the next time I go.

Thanks for the complement. I just thought sharing some stories about what people missed out on or couldn't find would be interesting. One day I hope to turn my greens into pewter and am looking for ideas for models.

Cheers.

Mine was the Ral Partha Adventurers pack 11-012. The male halfling was lost ages ago and I started looking to replace it well after partha was gone...

Ali stepped in and sold me one that had lost it's sling... and then another stroke of luck: Gus called in a favor and gave an unopened blister to me as a gift. I still haven't been able to open that one.... it's the silly collector in me ::D:

The set of male and female Frost Giants from Grenadier's Dragon Lords Giants Club...

The female giant is one of my favorite old miniatures that I still have, but the blade of her spear snapped off, and I've lost the antlers she's wearing on her head... :down:

I'd also like to find the class sets from the old TSR AD&D miniatures - I only have one piece left from the Monks, Bards & Thieves set, and two from the Magic Users & Illusionists set.

Those old TSR sets were some of the first minis I ever painted, using Testors' hobby enamels, hobby brushes and sharpened toothpicks... ye Gods my skills sucked back then, but I cherish those minis, lol ::D:

I have all the Elfquest miniatures somewhere, buried in yet another box in the basement. There were done by Ral Partha.

*jealous*

I've been trying to get ahold of those for ages.

I'd love to finish off my FASA Trek miniatures. I've only got one klingon ship.

Also, WEG Star Wars Storm Skimmer.

I have all the Elfquest miniatures somewhere, buried in yet another box in the basement. There were done by Ral Partha.

*jealous*

I've been trying to get ahold of those for ages.

Looks like what I really need to do is an inventory of the miniatures in the basement. :blink: