Here be Pirates

domus2112

These are minis from Black Scorpion Miniatures I painted recently and were my first minis after an almost year break from painting.

I want to focus on getting back to the basics so nothing fancy to start, just a tabletop clean quality. Focusing clean painting and using white undercoats (*i've always worked from black undercoats in the past), layers, etc... I will slowly work my way up to more complicated things. I really want to step my painting up another notch for my next Warhammer army when I get to it.

They have yet to be matted so there is some shine to them.

FirstPirate1.jpg

FirstPirate2.jpg

FirstPirate3.jpg

FirstPirate4.jpg

This next guy got a little more attention on his skin and a little less attention on his coat.

I need to get some better pics of his bottle - I was going for a bottle with some missing. Didn't entirely get the effect I wanted, but I got close. I'm not overly happy with the sword and plan to redo it at some point. I will also dot the eye, but gosh darn if it isn't teeny-tiny and my hand was not steady enough on the night I wrapped it up.

SecPirate1.jpg

SecPirate2.jpg

All advice / comments welcome!

Cheers

Domus

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic