Master Series chatter

Qwyksilver

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to emphasize what Anne said about not all bottles being bad. I just checked out all my paints on her list, and only the 9175-9177 triad were bad, and one of the blues. The others were either fine, or fell into the 'a little too thick but easily thinned' category.

I just wanted to recommend that everyone test their bottles before packing them all up and sending them in. ^_^

Anne,

My Cyan blue is really grainy too. Can I send that one back? When it's used with any amount of watering (from none to flow improver, to slow-dri, to water) it's all clumpy and deposits what I can only refer to as grains on the mini. Other than that, I have 5 paints that are funky (that I have tried and confirmed). Thanks for the great customer service

What's the proper test for "clumpiness?" Pure, or after dilution with just water or additives? How much? When stirred thinned it looks a certain way, or when applied to a primer coat appears a certain way?

You don't need to throw it away. Unless its _totally_ non usable, you can label the bottles "factory second" and get a tax deduction for donating it to a grade school art program or some such.

• Reaper User

Heya!

It's pretty obvious if you have bad paint, PbN. It comes out of the bottle only with a lot of difficulty and is not just thick, but actually clumpy. When thinned with water, it becomes excessively grainy and unless you mash it with a brush it's hard to lose the clumpy factor. So it should be very, very obvious if you have a bad bottle!

My problem in sending this stuff to schools (and some of it is indeed going that route) is that it is darn near unusable, period, even for kid purposes. We don't have the manpower to relabel it all, either, so that makes a bunch of kids, a few of whom may later get into painting, who are going to start out thinking that Master Series sucks. I know it's silly to worry about this, but I do. ::P:

--Anne ::):

p.s. Yes, if you have a grainy bottle of Cyan, send it in for a replacement as well. My bottles have been fine but I have had one report of overt graininess in this color before. ::):

• Reaper User

Two things real quick:

One, I gave you guys our UPS address, which is the incorrect one to route returns through. I have changed the original post to reflect our P.O. Box, which is the correct address for returns.

Two, please please please test your paint before you mindlessly toss it in a box and return it!! Returning good paint just costs you and Reaper money and there are a number of batches of these colors which are fine, with no problems at all.

Thanks guys!

--Anne

thanks for addressing this this way Anne

I used Marigold for the first time a couple weeks ago & experienced the exact problems that you listed, so that one is defeintly heading for Texas, ha ha. Thou I haven't had a problem with the black, I have been getting that statement as well with it, but like I said no problems with that one (then again really have only used it with my car models), so I'll just remember to leave that bottle with the car model stuff.

Gonna try to really paint alot next week during my vacation so hopefully I'll be using alot more MSPs then I have been.

again thanks for posting this.

RM

Also, while it's not as bad as other paints, Reaper MSPS will settle some. So if the first squirt of paint is too thick, or thin, try shaking the snot out of it for a good minute after you hear the skull agitator start rattling.

Once shaken up, it doesn't require much to keep it that way. But yeah, some of my various greyish colors came out on the thick side till I shook them to death. :)

Oh, and the Admantium Black, the ghoul skintones, and the moth greens are perfect for Cryx goodness. And those gore reds are PERFECT! :D