Signing off for a while

Nanite

I'm starting a new job. After nearly 10 years at my current employer, it's a big change. I started in highschool, and the employer is like a family. But the company is having rough times, and I thought I should jump before I was pushed.

The new job has a lousy commute, lower pay, and higher taxes (shut up, Oregon!). But it's a great company, and there's lots of potential.

It just means that I'll be really, really broke for a while.

So no more minis (or any luxuries, really). No more Chronoscope, no more Olley Scrunts. No more blowing wads on sales, or indulgences on ebay.

I can chock up a lot of my lack of self-discipline to what I look at. Seeing cool new stuff on TGN, Star Ranger, and the like just makes me want to buy more, and until I get my self-control back, I really need to not look.

Buying new minis (and toys, curse you cool new Transformers), is starting to feel like an addiction, and I don't like that.

So I'll be scare for a while. Maybe if I get my project blog going, I'll pop back up. Heck maybe even sell some minis, then I might not feel so bad: the addiction would feed the addiction! Muahaha!

But this is an awesome community, take care everyone.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with things. I'm above water here right now but it seems to get rougher & rougher each week it seems.

(Transformers---ha ha my son (who is 7) loves those!! + they hold a spot in my heart as well, thanks to going up with them in '80s)

RM

Hey - it doesn't cost anything to stick around here!

And honestly, it is a good time to work on the Wall of Shame. Then when you do have spending money again you have room for the new stuff. :poke:

Indeed : )

So that farewell was waaay overdramatic. I'm sorry about that. Thanks for all the kind words everybody.

I had just run my budget with the new wage, and had a bit of a panic attack. Things are going really well though at the new job, and since I got through the last week and a half (snow? In Portland? In December?), I think I'll be fine.

Good luck with things. I'm above water here right now but it seems to get rougher & rougher each week it seems.

Take care. Are you still with Albertsons?

Hey - it doesn't cost anything to stick around here!

And honestly, it is a good time to work on the Wall of Shame. Then when you do have spending money again you have room for the new stuff. :poke:

Indeed : )

So that farewell was waaay overdramatic. I'm sorry about that. Thanks for all the kind words everybody.

I had just run my budget with the new wage, and had a bit of a panic attack. Things are going really well though at the new job, and since I got through the last week and a half (snow? In Portland? In December?), I think I'll be fine.

Take care. Are you still with Albertsons?

Glad you re-thought that one out!! Always good to see the old faces err avatars on here for all these years. Yah 15+ years there. I work graveyard freight so I don't have to put up the buffoons that work in the day or I think I would have quit a long, long time ago...... :lol: I have a good crew under me there (2 guys), so that helps. If the hours would just nudge up a bit more each week, I'd be fine.

RM