28mm Fantasy Football

WallyTWest

Got talking with a friend... why are you guys not making these? Reaper would dominate this field. (Pun Intended) Seriously, compare the quality of some of the sculpts out there to reaper.

See if impact will allow you to make figures for elf ball, im shure if you ask nicely...

I think they would sell just fine in comparison to your other ranges and I know if you came out with the right teams I would buy one!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago, a Reaper forum member sent me a link to a set of she-orc "powderpuff" football players. I had almost forgotten about them until I saw this post.

Here's a thought though. Instead of fantasy football, how about hockey? MUCH bloodier sport and smaller box-sets required for startup.

Well... Ill be honest. I would want to play Grandma Willson's popular tabletop game with the figures. There are some odd miniature publishers geting into making fantasy football miniatures. Some of them are awfull, others inspired.

Reaper could publish their own rules set based off of americian foot ball. That would be simple, and I am shure they would love the help. They could even have it as a download to justify the miniatures. Perhaps they could take a diffrent angle... like Mutant League Football?

But seriously, I cant see somthing like that not selling. There is a long term market with a constant demand. Its a field generaly dominated by Grandma Willson, but I would be happy to give my money to whomever made the best sculpts. Many blood bowl turneys are independently run and GW seems to no longer support the fantasy football hobby....

There are so many people using reaper sculpts as coaches... its time they made a few teams as well. With reapers ability to publish miniatures they could have a few teams out in a cupple months.

They could even go so far as to publish "coach packs".

I dont know a single blood bowl player who has stoped at only 1 team.

I'd say add a sculpt or two to the chronoscope or DHL line and see how they do.

As for Reaper doing their own Fantasy football game, I'd vote no - CAV, Warlord and RotD need all of the game development resources Reaper currently has.

Spike - funny you should mention fantasy hockey. A decade or so ago, that was one of the games my friends and I were attempting to develop at our game design company.

mutant_league_football.jpg

Yea actualy, there seems to be a market for slightly tooled up superhuman monsters in bloodbowl. Even GW once made a cyborg, lately somebody has put out a road warrior-esque team. It would be an intresting angle to take the fantasy figure line from. (And one that reaper would excell with).