quick question

Sarcastro01

I'm looking at doing a independent faction and have a quick question. The rules say a task force can't pick models from more than a single faction. The independants rule says I can choose models from any faction. Let's say I decide to do open market models and throw in an Emperor. Are the remaining points I'm allowed to spend on other faction models limited only to Rach models OR could I say throw in a Mastadon (points willing)?

The two rules don't really conflict but if I'm not allowed to mix and match (which I believe is the intent) then there really is no advantage for being an Indepenent faction since you could do the same list and call it Rach, Adon, whatever. Am I reading too much into this?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shammond42's correct.

What the rule means is that you cannot use Rach FACTION models in a Ritterlich faction force.

An Independent force can conceivably use models from every faction if you want to push the points limit that high. :unsure:

The Faction rules are one of the areas I strongly disagreed with in the conversion from Cav1 thru Cav1.5 to Cav2, but note the lack of "Reaper" in front of my user name and the existence of the faction rules as they are and you will see how much weight my argument had. :angry:

I wasn't too happy with the idea right away either but as most everything I own ended up as open market models it really hasn't affected my force builds other than the fact that I can't mix some of my favorite models unless I play indedpenant forces (I love my Ogre and Mastadon).

Plus, since it really is only myself and another guy who actually own the stuff we can always house rule stuff to make an exception if we want to.

Plus, since it really is only myself and another guy who actually own the stuff we can always house rule stuff to make an exception if we want to.

welcome to the elite club:

I think me and my friend are the only people in north poland who own cav models... <_<

moreover I haven't heared about any other games in poland... :angry:

The Faction rules are one of the areas I strongly disagreed with in the conversion from Cav1 thru Cav1.5 to Cav2...

Why?

Goes back to Cav1 and the models that were released before the Faction rules went into effect, back then everyone could use any model as the UCORs were considered independent of their home nation regardless of conflict, especially since most everyone played Mercenaries.

So now thanks to Reaper's "inspiration" (keeping it polite) I have the following models ALL painted in Terran Legion Colors

with 43rd Legion Decals thanks to Fighting Piranha graphics, and I WILL NOT paint over all that hard work.

4 Mastadons

4 Emperors

6 Butchers

2 Wights

4 Dictator '70s

2 Revenants

2 Centurions

2 Chancellors

4 Mantises (Manti)?

2 Duelists

Not to mention a grab bag assortment of Hornets, Scarabs, Dragoons, Malefactors and a few other Faction vehicles I can't remember right off the top of my head. Short Version, $100 plus worth of models I can only use with house rules.

This may be only my opinion (such as it is), but when I asked why they were imposing rigid factions A LA Warlord on a previously open game, the answer was: "There's no other reason for people to fight each other".

I can think of a Barnyard Epithet that best describes that answer, but I won't repeat it here.

Anyway, there you have it, the answer to my 4 (soon to be 5) year protest and my constant PITA about the game.