Sign in to follow this  
Steven Page

Tomb of the Iron God

(OOC, oh so that who has been following us, I think I have a cookie in my pocket he wants :) OOC)

I grab my holy symbol & utter a prayer, calling up the mystical powers of my god to grant me the spell "light". I hold the spell aloft to see our surroundings.

Now that I can see my way (and any foot traps that may be lying around.) I will close on the last remaining Kobold.

With Big Bart lighting the passage, it is clear that one kobold is very dead, and another fleeing. Drake, readying sword and shield, moves to overtake the cowardly beast. Suddenly as he steps into the rough-hewn hallway, a noose drops over him, pinning his arms to his side. From a ledge above the door comes evil laughter, and two kobolds drop to the floor, knives in hand.

I curse, "Curse those foul beasts, they obviously were waiting for someone to enter. We should get better organized than lurching around!" I am going for a dart to throw at one of the creatures.

Aided by Big Bart's light, Amaryxes throws a dart into the chest of one kobold, killing it instantly. Just as the other kobold lunges at Drake, he shifts, trying to slip the ropes. The ropes stay, but the kobold misses.

"Why are you just standing there?!" I yell at the apparently dazed and confused elf Gwynned.

"I was dreaming. Dreaming during a fight is great, you know"

Awaken by his friend, Gwynned release his arrow on the kobold too.

Not having a range weapon, Bart hangs back & keeps alert for any other kobolds that might be lurking about, epically out of the radius of the light spell. (also note the light spell I casted was cast on a ring I'm wearing--descrp says object or person for 2 hours 20 ft radius)

RM

Drake unsuccessfully kicks at the kobold, but as he falls, the rope slips off. Amaryxes and Turleus cast dart and arrow at the evil creature, but miss. Gwynned, awakened from his reverie, draws back and lets fly another arrow, killing Drake's tormentor.

Drake unsuccessfully kicks at the kobold, but as he falls, the rope slips off. Amaryxes and Turleus cast dart and arrow at the evil creature, but miss. Gwynned, awakened from his reverie, draws back and lets fly another arrow, killing Drake's tormentor.

Amarixes shrugs and cautiously approaches the kobold he killed to retrieve his dart and search the body, after looking around for additional foes and traps.

"I would advise keeping our eyes open. I have a bad feeling."

(I'll also recover the other dart, should it be quiet for a few minutes)

After a brief search, I stand and shrug and toss 2 cheap looking talismans on the ground and hold two daggers in my hand.

"It would appear these fellows believed the talismans would save them. If nobody minds, I'll hold onto the daggers, they might help me should my darts run out."

"Go ahead, my faith & beliefs prohibit me from using daggers. Only for use as a tool." Bart says to Amarixes.

Do the kobolds have anything on them worth taking? Of course keeping a eye on my surrounding.