Sign in to follow this  
Steven Page

Tomb of the Iron God

Gilbert brings more wine, and 'Orizon sees that all are offered a cup. "You lads tell me why I should choose you over the rabble I have already passed over today.

(A brawny 6'5" man approches the table. He is covered in tattoos and has very long braided beard. He carries a wooden flagon and chews on a pipe.)

I wait in turn not looking to interupt someone speaking. I will make it clear that I am interested in talking too.

"You lads tell me why I should choose you over the rabble I have already passed over today.

Turleus drinks his wine down, bangs the cup on the table, and wipes his mouth with the back of hand. "Mountain, desert, forest, sea. Wherever I am, it is my place."

[Gwydion the Elf. Today, I'm a magician]

"Mountain, desert, forest, sea. Wherever I am, it is my place."

"So does the spirits of the world! This was the sign I waited. I'm in the right place, for right reasons now. I'm happy to meet you, Turleus!"

Well for the past four years I have been a sailor and now looking for change. I have seen my share of sea and the days of same old same old are over. I crave more adventure. My sword and loyalty are yours if you have me. I am Drake.

'Orizon turns to Gilbert. "Pull up another table, and some more wine. If you distinguished miscreants heard me earlier, the offer made to the others stands: Return alive with my bowl, and share in the reward. Any side plundering is your own affair, as long as it does not impede the recovery. Gilbert will give each of you a small stipend to tide you over. Be here tomorrow afternoon, equipped, sober and ready. Ibhram will guide the group to the caverns, and hopefully back. Are there any questions?.... Gilbert, I thought I told you to round up a priest or monk or someone. Fighting men like to think the gods protect them, though they still wear armor...."

"So does the spirits of the world! This was the sign I waited. I'm in the right place, for right reasons now. I'm happy to meet you, Turleus!"

Turleus takes up his freshly filled cup and toasts the Elf. "To the spirits!" He pulls his hood back and gives a wrinkled grin. He offers his cup to the brawny warrior. "To you too."

(Taking the cup)"To the spirits all around us and in this cup" I chuckle and then down the cup.

What is your name friend? I am Drake. (I extend my callous hand)

Turleus drains his cup and bangs it on the table again. "Turleus Ba'Dor". He grips the man's hand in his own papery one and shakes it firmly.

"Today, I'm Gwynedd the magician, and this beer is famous! To the two thousands flying turtles!"

I listen to the various introductions, while idly spinning a coin in my palm and between my fingers. During a pause in the bellowing and boasting, I nod slightly and quietly say "I am... Amarixes Rythykia. It is a pleasure to meet you all.'

I look around to see if anyone else is watching the carousing as well as to see if anyone else is moving over to join us at the tables.

"I am... Amarixes Rythykia. It is a pleasure to meet you all.'

"Amazing! Could you be a relative of Synaxores Rythykia, Amarixes?"

"I am... Amarixes Rythykia. It is a pleasure to meet you all.'

"Amazing! Could you be a relative of Synaxores Rythykia, Amarixes?"

I slowly look at Gwynedd, taking his full measure before shaking my head. "No, I don't know of whom you speak." I continue to fiddle the coin between my fingers.

(Waiting to hear from DM about my view of the bar and if it's inhabitants are particularly interested in the goings on at our table(s))

Tureleus finds a goblet for each of the new strangers, takes up the pitcher of wine on the table, fills each goblet and hands them over with a nod of the head. "Turleus"

He'll then refill Gwynedd and Drake's goblets before going to fill his own. If the pitcher runs out of wine, he'll order another one.

He'll raise his goblet again to everyone , give a grin of wine stained teeth, say "To the spirits" and down the wine.