Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Steven Page

Tomb of the Iron God

Recommended Posts

The innkeepr brings another pitcher and accepts coin from Turleus. 'Orizon sits back, focuses on their faces and says, "You will have to do. I see enough toughness and desperation to make me believe you will succeed. Now, all of you get yourselves ready to leave in the morning. Meet here, and I will try to hire a priest, perhaps even a good one. Are there any questions?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tureleus finds a goblet for each of the new strangers, takes up the pitcher of wine on the table, fills each goblet and hands them over with a nod of the head. "Turleus"

He'll then refill Gwynedd and Drake's goblets before going to fill his own. If the pitcher runs out of wine, he'll order another one.

He'll raise his goblet again to everyone , give a grin of wine stained teeth, say "To the spirits" and down the wine.

 

(NOTE: Ack - didn't see Steve's post before I posted my reply.)

 

"What is the nature of these caves that the bowl lies in? And who holds this bowl that belongs to you?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
'Orizon turns to Gilbert. "Pull up another table, and some more wine. If you distinguished miscreants heard me earlier, the offer made to the others stands: Return alive with my bowl, and share in the reward. Any side plundering is your own affair, as long as it does not impede the recovery. Gilbert will give each of you a small stipend to tide you over. Be here tomorrow afternoon, equipped, sober and ready. Ibhram will guide the group to the caverns, and hopefully back. Are there any questions?.... Gilbert, I thought I told you to round up a priest or monk or someone. Fighting men like to think the gods protect them, though they still wear armor...."

 

 

"I'll be your priest, if it can acquire more rum!" A slightly intoxicated burly man, "Big" Bart says from a nearby table. A balding man with long un-kept greying hair with a full beard in a patch-work robe with old leather armor underneath sits at a table. A large almost empty mug sits in front of him. Getting up from the table, slightly stumbling, the man approaches the party. "As I said, I'll be your priest, if you have one that is low on his faith. If anything I can swing a good club at whatever creatures, critters we might encounter & can at least heal others that get banged up, that at least I can still do." Wiping my hand on my robe, I extend it to 'Orizon in a gesture of friendship. "Where my manners, Bart Hammerstein, or as my fighting company called me "Big Bart".

 

I look around at the rest of the party, "Seems like a good group, we have the bases covered at least. That's a good start."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Where my manners, Bart Hammerstein, or as my fighting company called me "Big Bart".

 

"Nice, Big Bart, I like to travel with rafined persons and poetry-lovers".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning finds the common room a beehive of activity. 'Orizon and Ibhram are pouring over a parchment map. A kilted Pict, who answers to 'Ogram', is hauling provision outside and tying them on a donkey's saddle. Seeing Gwynedd enter the room, 'Orizon approachs quietly .

"I must apologize, my friend. Gilbert tells me that the wine overcame me while you still had questions. Kobolds. Yes, kobolds are infesting the cavern, as they do most caverns it seems. Those little beasts have my bowl. So do well. and bring it back."

Ogram interupts, "Stores are loaded m'lord. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Drake shows up in obviously new Clothes and pack)

 

"I am ready to head off. I packed light and so when you are ready I am good to go."

 

Can I ask what route we are taking to the cavern. Being unfamiliar with these parts I want to know what I am getting into."

 

Takes out a pipe and begins to stuff it with tobacco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morning finds the common room a beehive of activity. 'Orizon and Ibhram are pouring over a parchment map. A kilted Pict, who answers to 'Ogram', is hauling provision outside and tying them on a donkey's saddle. Seeing Gwynedd enter the room, 'Orizon approachs quietly .

"I must apologize, my friend. Gilbert tells me that the wine overcame me while you still had questions. Kobolds. Yes, kobolds are infesting the cavern, as they do most caverns it seems. Those little beasts have my bowl. So do well. and bring it back."

Ogram interupts, "Stores are loaded m'lord. "

 

*chuckles to himself as he watches the obviously hung-over Orizon talk to the -other- mage instead of the one who asked questions* :poke:

 

I lean over and look at the parchment, to see what it reveals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The next morning, the gathered party member sees a different man, then what they saw yesterday.

 

Apparently, getting some rest to sleep off the liquor & a good bath can do wonders.

 

"Morning, gents." I say to everyone.

 

"Kobolds you say. Vile little beasts. They may be small but they can do untold harm when they outnumber yah, that & if we are heading into their lair, they may have that trapped with who knows what. We'll have to be careful when we enter."

 

Along with the patched robe, I now carry a large shield, with a faded & scratched emblem of a red falcon with it wings spread apart & a great wooden club with many nicks & dents in the head, that I have slung over my left shoulder. Also a loaded backpack, slung over my right shoulder as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a long mediation in the middle of the common room, Gwynned stands up, open his leather bag and puts a fringed leather jacket, make a few swings with his battle-axe and says on a deep tone : "Spirits talked. Today, I'm [roll dice] Valley the axeman, and i'm a warrior".

 

With a large smile, he go to breakfast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stepping over from the bar, no tankard in sight this morning, Dukkor walks over to the group. He looks fully prepared for the journey with his sword, shield and loaded backpack.

 

"Kobolds eh? I'll be lookin' forward to puncturen' them. Can't stand the buggers."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turleus enters the common room slowly, orders a greasy breakfast and eats heartily. He stands up from the table and nods to Orizon and his companions. "I'm ready to go."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Orizon gathers his things and leaves the inn. "I will be awaiting your return in three days. Do not let me down." Gilbert follows him out the door.

 

Ibhram looks relieved. He points to the map Amaryxis is studying. "The old fool can walk his fingers there in one day...It is two days difficult travel, through areas contested by bandits. We must be very alert, as soon as we are outside this town. Stow your supplies on the donkey. We may have to defend ourselves before evening."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
'Orizon gathers his things and leaves the inn. "I will be awaiting your return in three days. Do not let me down." Gilbert follows him out the door.

 

Ibhram looks relieved. He points to the map Amaryxis is studying. "The old fool can walk his fingers there in one day...It is two days difficult travel, through areas contested by bandits. We must be very alert, as soon as we are outside this town. Stow your supplies on the donkey. We may have to defend ourselves before evening."

 

I finish looking at the map (I'll reserve further comment on the map itself once it's been posted.) and hoist my backpack on my back, my trusty staff in hand. I look to the center of the group to stand in, preferably *behind* one of the burlier fighters.

 

I look at Ibhram. "Are the bandits that bold in these parts? Large groups or just a couple of ruffians taking advantage of travellers?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turleus, heads outside and ties his pack to the donkey. He holds a long wooden pole in his right hand, and carries a longbow in his left. He squints in the likely direction the group is headed, and gives a toothy grin at the others as they emerge.

Once the group starts moving, he'll keep near cover, if possible, and move slightly ahead of the main group watching the ground, listening, and keeping an eye out above and to either side of himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...