Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Steven Page

Tomb of the Iron God

Recommended Posts

"Ohhh, are you an adept of the 10-feet pole? I'm happy to travel with a Fellow of the Old Tradition, Turleus!", says Valley the Elf Warrior, while getting out the inn with his bag. He has no horse, no donkey, and good old boots to walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I'm not carrying much weight, I'll leave the room for anyone else on the donkey. As I said before, I have my great club over one shoulder & my shield over my other. I've shifted the backpack to fully on my back now. If no one objects I'll insert myself 2nd(1st choice) or 3rd in line in the marching order.

 

"& away we go" I say to myself.

 

RM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC -

 

Steve does it seem that they don't want us to be bothered with our questions or are post being disjoined?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drake goes outside and crouches down on his haunches near the caravan. Smoke from his pipe makes his eyes squint. He mumbles to himself and rubs hands in eager anticipation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the adventurers fall into place Ibhram nods his heads and begins the march eastward. Once away from the inns and alehouses, he stops the group and speaks softly.

"Many walls have eyes and ears, Especially in the district we were staying. Now we may speak more freely, without fear of being overheard and followed. Look at the map(SEE the GATHERING). We are climbing into mountains that skirt the coatline, almost as soon as we leave town. ther are many places for bandits to hit our small group. All of you must cast the gaze of the hawk, and be ready to cover your brother's flank. There are organized group of brigands, and eager amateurs seeking to impress a bandit chief. One is as dangerous as the other. If you tire, say so. I would rather spend a minute idle, than a lifetime dead." He smiles gently, then resumes his pace.

 

The town soon fades from view, and on the horizon, mountains can be seen already. The dirt road leads past small farms and hamlets, olive groves, and fields just plowed for crops. Only a few people head west to Augustine, a pair of priests, and a peddlar with a donkey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At Ibhram's words, Amarixes gulps a little but resolutely grips his walking stick and carries forth with the others. He adjusts the pack on his back and looks about curiously at areas he's never been to before. He idly draws a coin forth and makes it 'dance' between his fingers while idly humming a tune. He doesn't ignore anyone, but he's not one to start conversation and chimes in a little. He seems more intent on listening to what others say. He also looks about now and again to see if anyone is following or approaching them deliberately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turleus keeps near cover, if possible, and moves about 50' ahead of the main group watching the ground, listening, and keeping an eye out above and to either side of himself.

 

 

OOC- Above is kind of a repost. He'll stick to marching order(2nd row) in dungeons, but not always in wilderness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Valley, who is warrior today, watches the bird all around with a close attention, walking on a good step next to the party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drake sticks with the caravan and will remain with the spell casters if close combat ensues. Being without a missile weapon I will pick up 3 baseball sized rocks and put them in my pocket for later use if necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bart starts to hum a song as the party leaves the civilized areas. After Ibhram finishes his speech, I keep my eyes pinned all around us, epically when large objects like bushes, trees or other prime areas for a ambush might arise. As the people come upon us, I eye them, but not so much as to stare at them, just enough that if something comes up I'm ready to strike. As they leave, I start my tune again. It was always a good song to hum, before the......ambush at least. As I recall the past, I stop my tune & turn to my current companions & ask, "So has anyone been in these mountains before?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before anyone can answer, five wolves spring from some brush on the left roadside. One attacks Turleus, while the others charge toward the rest of the party.

 

(Turleus takes four points of damage. EVERYONE PM THEIR ACTIONS TO ME. I'll roll up the damage and give a write up.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the first wolf hits Turleus, Oghram and Ibhram step out and fire longbows at the other four. Each hits with one arrow.

 

Drake and Dukkor move to cover the more vulnerable casters, and their steel is soon tested. One wolf gets by Drake's shield and bites hard (5HP damage). Dukkor swings on the wolf hit by Oghram and kills it. Big Bart misses with his great club, and feels teeth rip flesh (4HP damage). Amaryxes comes to the aid of the cleric, smashing down with his staff for a solid blow. Turleus manages to fend off his attacker as both try to gain advantage. Valley charges the remaining wolf dealing a mighty blow with his axe. The wolf draws back yelping in pain and rage.

 

ONE WOLF DOWN. FOUR TO GO. PM YOUR ACTIONS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...